The luxury market is in transition and constantly evolving its marketing practices, which means that students must take a sectorial marketing approach when operating in this industry. The Master of Science in Luxury Industries Marketing and Management (L2M) will train competent executives who understand the challenges behind internationalization of a brand and digitalization both in the marketing approach and distribution. The L2M program will teach students how to design a marketing strategy highlighting the value offering for luxury goods or services as well as combine new consumer insights and approaches to optimize trendspotting in the luxury sector. Students will be asked to pitch distribution solutions that optimize e-commerce, following the new trends of tomorrow's consumers.
Students will also learn how to set up an appropriate distribution strategy adapting to the new consumer, and they will be challenged to couple the quality of the traditional individual relationship and experiential marketing with rigorous and cost-effective methods of mass marketing.
As consumer spending on luxury goods and services in North America, China, India, Brazil, and Russia will continue to increase, luxury brands will have to expand globally leading to the evolution of brand images and the creation of an innovative portfolio. The MSc program will help students understand the challenges and complexities of new business models resulting from acquisitions and new partnerships.
With its campus located in the heart of Paris, students will decipher the universe that makes up brands such as Hermes, YSL and Louis Vuitton. By living and studying in Paris, students will understand the history of luxury and its impact on Paris. Home to the largest luxury market groups LVMH and Kering, Paris represents luxury in all its splendor.
- Duration: 12 months
- Campus: Paris
- Language: English
- Mode: Full-time
- Tuition Fees: 17000€
- Application Fees: 100€
- Intake: September 2021
- Deadline: 30 July 2021
- Despite the financial crisis, there is 3-4% global growth in the luxury sector. The growth of this sector brings with it an ecosystem of jobs and opportunities.
- The L2M program covers high-end luxury and mass luxury; through relationship marketing and one-to-one, students will learn how to transition from product orientation to customer orientation.
- Integration into the SM2 Cluster in which students learn how to analyze products and services within a specific market, communicate to consumers relevant information about products and services, how to distribute products or offer services in a given market and how to plan and develop concepts of products or services with the framework of new business models.
- Establishing of a relevant value offering, considering the specifics of the luxury industries: "fast luxury" model, the importance of storytelling in communication on more horizontal channels (including social media), the significant evolution of the point of sale in the final mix.
- Understanding the evolutions in the global economy and specifics of the luxury market according to the type of products (fashion & accessories, perfumes & cosmetics, haute-couture, luxury tourism, high-end luxuries such as yachts and automobiles).
- Acquiring expertise on today's and tomorrow's challenges specific to the luxury market, with an understanding of the actors of the sector and its ecosystem; management of the new appropriate technologies for the internationalization and digitization of the luxury market.
- Students in Business, Management, Humanities or Arts.
- Students motivated to pursue a career in Marketing or Management with a keen interest or desire to work in the luxury industry.
The L2M program adopts an operational approach in its pedagogy. As the name suggests, the program follows a tri-fold approach focusing on luxury, marketing, and management.
The Master of Science in Luxury Industries Marketing & Management is composed of the following elements:
- General education courses in Multicultural Management, Business Strategy, Leadership and HR, Financial Control and International Marketing.
- Specialized marketing courses taught by academics in the fields of Innovation Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Relationship Marketing, and Data Analytics.
- Specialized courses taught by professionals in the fields of Luxury, Luxury Markets, New Business Models in Luxury and Luxury Marketing and Communication Strategy.
- Electives taking place in Toulouse, Paris, Casablanca, Barcelona, and London.
- TBS permanent faculty who couple their teaching methodology with current research.
- Industry professionals working in Textile Design, Brand Architecture, Inter-Cultural Advertising, Cross-cultural Management, and Trendspotting, Luxury Re-branding with experience in LVMH, Kering, Richemont, Hermes, Chanel, and L'Oreal.
- Visiting professors from top universities in France and abroad.
General Education courses:
- Multicultural Management & Cross-cultural Teamwork
- Reshaping Business Operations to Define Efficiency
- Unlocking the Leader in You
- Designing the Value Offering in an International Context
- Investigating What Drives Performance
- French Language Courses
Specialized Marketing courses:
- Innovation Marketing: From Idea to Value Creation
- Understanding the New Consumer
- Relationship Marketing and Exchange Evolutions
- History, Sociology, and Philosophy of Luxury
- Understanding the New Facets of Luxury Worldwide
- Marketing and Communication to Drive a Segmented Luxury Offering
- Solutions for Developing a Successful Luxury Business
- Academic requirements: 4 year Bachelor degree
- Language requirements:
- English mother tongue, or
- Bachelor degree taught in English, or
- TOEFL IBT 80/IELTS 6.5/TOEIC 800/FCE
4-step application process:
- Complete online application
- Submit supporting documents
- Take virtual interview
- Wait for admission results
- Product Manager
- Marketing/Communications Manager
- Marketing Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Market Research Manager
- Brand Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Community Manager
- Web Strategy Manager
- Category Manager
Manjari JAYASEELAN, MSc International Luxury Industries Marketing & Management Student, India
"The program and the faculty were excellent. I would definitely recommend it. TBS is a place where you can gain knowledge with great faculty and support staff. I liked TBS’s Paris campus with it’s fun and friendly ambiance. I just wish the course was longer!"
About the School
With 5 campuses located in the heart of dynamic cities, such as Toulouse, Barcelona, Casablanca, Paris and London, and alliances with top academic institutions and multinational corporations across th ... Read More