MSc International Hospitality Management
Are you aiming for an influential role in one of the fastest growing global industries? Through our Institute of Hospitality accredited programme, you’ll develop an international perspective on hospitality management and the contemporary issues that shape it. Sharpen your knowledge of business and marketing theory and gain strategic and operational insights into the hospitality sector through our strong industry partnerships.
- Learn to meet the changing needs of the hospitality industry and the varying demands of both society and the economy.
- Benefit from established industry contacts with international corporations like Hilton Worldwide, helping you network your way to a graduate career.
- Take an international perspective on one of the fastest growing sectors in the world and learn first-hand from industry experts. Our lecturers are active in research areas such as sustainable practices, consumer behaviour, motivation and satisfaction, and staff retention.
- Gain a competitive advantage on a course accredited by the Institute of Hospitality.
- Investigate a topic you’re passionate about and sharpen your research skills, by undertaking an independent postgraduate dissertation.
- Explore key topics within International Hospitality Management, such as luxury, service, customers and innovation, through diverse and relevant fieldwork.
Throughout this programme, you’ll familiarise yourself with key marketing theories and business strategies within the context of the hospitality industry. You’ll study a diverse range of current topics from business development and service operations, to e-commerce strategies and people management. The programme features fieldwork, guest speakers from industry and lectures led by research active academics. Every aspect of your studies will be grounded in current trends and emerging practices, culminating in an independent research project and dissertation. Benefit from a strong focus on international management, while building on the regional strengths of the south-west of England.
- HTM701 Managing People in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- HTM706 e-Service Strategies
- HTM704 Tourism and Hospitality Dissertation
- HTM702 Tourism and Hospitality Marketing
- HTM703 Competitive Advantage for Hospitality
- HTM708 Hospitality Service Encounters
- HTM709 Hospitality Business Development and Entrepreneurship
A minimium of a second class honours degree (2:2) from a UK university or equivalent award from an overseas institution.
Other qualifications and/or experience may be considered, if you have demonstrated acquired knowledge and skills sufficient to meet the challenges and demands of this programme.
Where the applicant does not have a degree then a minimum of three years relevant managerial level work experience is required.
Please view the country specific pages for further information regarding the equivalency of your degree. International applicants will be required to provide evidence of their English language ability, for example by achieving an IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in each element) or equivalent. Pre-sessional English language courses are available if you do not meet these requirements.
Scholarships are available for postgraduate taught programmes.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 18, 2017