This flexible course at the University of Dundee is designed to orientate your earlier degree qualification towards careers in international business, governance, finance, banking, accountancy, marketing or human resource management. It allows you to choose the area you want to specialize in as well as gain transferable skills so you’re ready for a range of potentially high-earning careers.
Whether you have a business or non-business degree, this course will give you a good grounding in business strategy, finance, and investment in an international context.
MSc International Business
Students choose four pathway specific modules from the following list:
- Global Financial Markets
- Principles of Marketing as Creative Practice
- International Business Strategy
- Customer Experience Design
- Media, Brands, and Digital Marketing
- Human Resource Management Strategies
- International Human Resource Management
- Applied Business and Marketing Research
- Forecasting for Business and Finance
- Personnel Economics for Managers
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- Corporate Governance
- Business Accounting for Non-Specialists
- Global Risk Analysis
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Leadership and Decision Making
International Business MSc is dual accredited by CMI. This means you will automatically receive a second professional qualification upon successful completion of your degree.
The course responds directly to employers’ needs and prioritizes teamwork, research and data analysis, report writing, presentations and multi-cultural interaction. It comprises a foundation module, eight core and optional modules and a short focused business report.
The titles of the pathways listed below indicate to future employers the skills and understanding you have developed on the course.
You’ll be meeting leading practitioners through the University’s Distinguished Visitor Lecture Series and the Enterprise Gym and hearing from them, first hand, about critical and relevant aspects of international business.
This conversion degree course includes off-campus learning events embedded in a number of its modules and an ‘urban experience’ element demonstrating the fundamental importance of team-building within a business context.
We welcome students from the UK and elsewhere to our stimulating, supportive, friendly and well-organized campus. Dundee is among the top 25 universities in the UK in the 2018 Guardian University Rankings and has also been rated the best in Scotland by some of the most influential higher education surveys. Teaching staff is all research active and leading figures in their field.
- MSc International Business and Banking
- MSc International Business and Finance
- MSc International Business, Banking, and Finance
- MSc International Business, Accounting and Finance
- MSc International Business and Management
- MSc International Business and Marketing
- MSc International Business and Human Resource Management
- MSc International Business, Marketing and Human Resource Management
At the University of Dundee, our master’s courses prepare you for a successful career, wherever in the world you plan to work. Employers expect their postgraduate recruits to have advanced technical and communication skills, to be confident team-workers, independent researchers, good project-managers and be at the leading edge of their specialism. Our degree courses are designed to respond to these demands.
Our graduates work in small and large multinational firms with offices throughout the world.
You’ll be able to make use of the University's dedicated Careers service to help you to confidently present yourself to the world's top employers.
Generally, a good (at least a second class Honours degree or equivalent) first degree in any subject which has enabled the applicant to develop analytical and quantitative skills. If you are concerned that your qualifications do not meet our normal expectation you may apply, but you should include a short personal statement concerning your general interest in your own education, work experience and prior relevant learning. Places are limited and early application is advised even for well-qualified candidates.
English Language Requirement