MSc International Business
This MSc International Business focuses on the links between major business functions and their role in international business and commerce. Students will develop knowledge of the special requirements for successfully conducting business activities across national boundaries, alongside an understanding of relevant theories and their application in business. You will have an opportunity to visit one of our European partner institutions. The study visit programme typically includes lectures by staff from the partner institution and company visits.
Outline of programme
The programme covers core areas of international business, strategic management and business economics. The wide range of elective modules offered in addition enables students to develop skills in a specific business function linked to international business (finance, marketing, or operations management) or pursue other related areas such as entrepreneurial strategies and business sustainability. Complete outlines for all modules are available online.
- International Business
- Advanced Topics in International Business
- Strategic Management
- Economic Environment of Business
- Business Research Methods (part of Dissertation module).
- International Operations
- Strategic Global Outsourcing and Offshoring
- International Marketing Management
- International Finance
- Strategy, Change and Leadership
- Intellectual Property Strategy & Management.
The taught modules are assessed through a mixture of examinations and coursework. The taught element of the programme is complemented by a substantial piece of research leading to the completion of a dissertation.
This programme prepares you for a wide range of careers in businesses and organisations engaged in international activities. Employment destinations for this course cover all the main business areas, jobs including consultancy and business analysis, marketing, business development and sales management, finance and purchasing. Recent examples of jobs taken by graduates of this programme include Operations Analyst - Morgan Stanley (UK), Senior Accountant - Tanzanian Port Authority, RelationshipMarketing Professional - IBM (India) and Trainee Buyer - Tesco (Thailand).
One of the following:
- A good UK honours degree (minimum lower second class)
- Equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University.
As well as:
- Two professional references – at least one must be from an academic referee
- An official academic transcript of your university grades to date
- A completed application form.
For International Students:
- An official academic transcript, with an official English translation, of your university grades to date
- International students whose native language is not English will also need to satisfy our English language requirements with one of the following:
- TOEFL Internet Based Test score of 93 overall, with a minimum score of 22 in speaking, 19 in listening, 26 in writing and 18 in reading. Please note that TOEFL scores are subject to terms and conditions.
- IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and speaking and 6 in listening and reading).
Pre-sessional English language programmes are available for good applicants whose English qualification falls just short of these requirements.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 29, 2018