The curriculum has been carefully designed to ensure that there is a balance of theory to application and that there are regular opportunities for you to engage with the world of business. There will be regular guest input from business professionals, case studies and projects in modules that will allow you to apply your knowledge of the theory to a range of real-world business scenarios.
The programme offers opportunities to reflect upon, evaluate and apply key international business management theories and concepts as well as encouraging creative and innovative thinking in the application of relevant management models. As you progress through your studies you will not just be taught academic theory related to the subject, you will also be encouraged and supported to develop skills that will prepare you for developing your career in management, especially related to international business.
The overall aim of the programme is to educate you as a potential manager with a sound understanding of the international business context and within this to:
- develop a critically aware and integrated understanding of international markets, firms and finance, assisting you to take effective roles within business organisations
- provide advanced study of key concepts of international markets and concerns of firms which operate internationally within a context of environmental sustainability, corporate social responsibility and ethics
- develop your range of business knowledge and skills pertinent to managing in international businesses together with personal self-awareness and development, based on positive and critical attitudes towards the role of organisations in a dynamic and vibrant international business arena
- demonstrate the ability to convert theory into practice within complex environments, systematically and creatively to improve business practice
- develop and enhance your lifelong learning skills and personal development in order to work with self-direction and originality.
Further information on this course is available in the programme specification. Please note that the programme specification relates to course content that is currently being studied by students at the University. For new programmes, the programme specification will be made available online prior to the start of the course.
UK/EU students require a first degree achieved at Class 2:2 or above from an approved University or Institution or possess an equivalent qualification.
Non-UK/EU students whose first language is not English will be required to achieve IELTS 6 or above with no less than Band 6 in writing skills, or equivalents accepted by the University.
For part-time students who are in employment, careful counselling will be given so that they understand that this is a pre-experience programme.
Fees and funding
UK & EU 2018 - 19
The tuition fee for 2018 entry to this postgraduate course is £6,000 for full-time UK/EU, Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man students.
For part-time options, see the Fees & Funding webpages for more information.
Postgraduate Loan: A new Postgraduate Loan is now available to help you pay for your Master’s course for students commencing in the 2018-19 academic year.
International (non-EU) 2018 - 19
The tuition fee for 2018 entry to this postgraduate course is £12,500 for international students.
Due to immigration laws, International Students on a Tier 4 visa must be studying full-time. For more information about Visa requirements and Short-term study visas, please visit the International Visa and Immigration webpages.
How to Apply
You can apply directly to the course via our Apply Now links. Please select the variant of the course that you intend to undertake (e.g. full-time or part-time) as the link will take you to a customised form for the specific course. You will need to create a login and password and complete the online form. Please contact two referees in advance of submitting your application as an automated request will go out as soon as you submit, and your application will not be reviewed until both references are in place.
Applications for January 2018 must be submitted and completed by 29 January 2018.
Applications for September 2018 must be submitted and completed by 5 October 2018.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 31, 2018