This International Business Management programme from Sheffield Hallam University enables you to further develop knowledge, skills and competencies relevant and transferable to companies that have international aspects to their operations.
- Build knowledge and intellectual abilities through an academically rigorous course of study, informed by the latest developments.
- Develop skills, competencies and personal attributes relevant to the international business manager.
- Strengthen independent learning, personal responsibility and initiative and develop team working skills.
- Refine abilities in problem-solving, communication and the application of information technology.
This course prepares you for a career in
- Business development
- Human resource management
- Project management consultancy
- Some students return home to apply their expertise in family firms.
- A small number of the highest academic achievers may continue their education through PhD study.
Previous graduates of this course have gone on to work for
- Phoenix Precision technology
- QPC, Singapore
- Sika Ltd, China
- Sheffield Forgemasters International, UK
- ARGOS logistics, Shanghai
- Nissan, UK
- Brunei Shell Petroleum, Brunei
- Pryas Consulting, India
- GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals, Netherlands
- Contemporary International Management Practice
- Global Supply Chain Management
- International Consultancy Project 2
- International Entrepreneurship
- International Finance Management
- International Strategic Management
- Principles of International Business
- Research Methods in International Business
You normally need one of the following
- A good bachelors degree from an approved degree-awarding body, university or college, in a business-related field
- Professional qualification(s) by examination, recognised as being the equivalent of a bachelors degree in a business-related field with additional evidence to justify the equivalence of the qualification
- A specified diploma in a business-related field that, on satisfactory completion, allows you to follow a course of study for a masters degree
If English is not your first language you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 overall and a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or a recognised equivalent.
You may also be able to claim credit points which can reduce the amount of time it takes to complete your qualification at Sheffield Hallam.
Additional information for EU/International students
If you are an International or non-UK European student, you can find out more about the country-specific qualifications we accept on our international qualifications page.
For details of English language entry requirements (IELTS), please see the information for 'All students'.
- Home/EU: £8,240 for the course, or £9,065 with work experience
- International: £13,905 for the course, or £15,450 with work experience
About the School
Sheffield Hallam University is a welcoming community of students and staff from more than 120 countries. We offer exceptional teaching across 700 programmes at foundation, undergraduate, postgraduate ... Read More