Please note: the following pathways are also available:
- International Business Management with Entrepreneurship MSc
- International Business Management with Marketing MSc
- International Business Management with Project Management MSc
Choose Kingston's International Business Management MSc
Do you crave a management role, but have a first degree in another subject? This is our most popular postgraduate course, offering modules covering a wide selection of topics that equip you with the practical skills you need to excel in management or consultancy. It gives you the opportunity to gain expertise in individual business disciplines without limiting your employment options.
- Accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and Educational Performance Analysis System (EPAS).
- Add study at the prestigious Boston University to your programme and gain a dual masters degree.
- Benefit from an international curriculum.
- Participate in a week-long study visit to a foreign business school where you will meet students studying a similar programme and undertake visits to local companies.
- Take part in a one-semester exchange programme with a business school in Europe (such as Berlin or Paris)
- Assessments that reflect real business situations.
- Undertake a consultancy project with a real business instead of a dissertation.
- Students come from all over the world to study on Kingston's business courses, so you will finish the course with an international network of contacts.
- Kingston Business School is one of only a few of the 120 UK business schools to be awarded an 'excellent' rating for its teaching quality by the Higher Education Funding Council.
- Kingston upon the Thames has been rated London's happiest borough and has the lowest crime rate in London, as well as fast transport links to the city centre.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 percent of the world's business schools.
What will you study?
This course strengthens your critical understanding of general management, international business and strategy. As an International Business Management MSc student, you will develop your ability to question and critically assess business issues to find innovative options and solutions. You will build your understanding across a broad range of modules, with a core legal element built in through the International Business Environment and Trade module. Regular guest speakers add to the expertise of our lecturing staff and provide their perspectives on current events.
Individual and group coursework, time-constrained coursework and consultancy report, with an occasional examination.
The International Business Management MSc is made up of eight modules worth 180 credits. Four of these modules, making up 120 credits, are core to the programme and provide you with the knowledge and skills you need for a career in international management. You will also choose from a broad range of elective modules to build on this core for the remaining 60 credits.
Your choice of elective modules means you will have the opportunity to gain expertise in individual business disciplines without limiting your employment options. If you start the course in September, you can choose one of three different pathways – Entrepreneurship, Project Management or Marketing.
If your first degree is in business management, you can exchange the core module Fundamentals of Business Management for additional elective modules worth a total of 30 credits.
Please note that not all combinations of elective modules may be possible because of timetabling.
This is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list.
Core modules (for all pathways)
- Fundamentals of Business Management
- Contemporary Business Strategy
- International Business Environment and Trade
- Business Consultancy Report
- Buyer Behaviour
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Entrepreneurship in an International Context
- Global Marketing Management
- International Environmental Law and Sustainability
- International Money and Finance
- Leadership, Change and Consultancy
- Managing Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development
- Strategic Project Management and Practice
Learn a language
You will have the opportunity to study a foreign language, free of charge, during your time at the University as part of the Kingston Language Scheme. Options currently include Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
International Business Management MSc
Full time 12–15 months (15 months for January start date) January 2017 / September 2017
Program taught in: