- Duration: 1-year full time, 2 years part-time
- Start date: September 2019
- Apply by: 1 August (International), 1 September (UK/EU)
This course brings into focus the themes of:
- corporate and social responsibility.
You gain a rigorous foundation in the application and critical evaluation of management accounting and the regulation and content of International Accounting Standards.
You also develop the managerial and technical analytical skills required by employers in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
Full-time and part-time study
Choose to study this course full time or part time, to fit around your work and family life. Modules for the full-time course are listed below.
For details about the part-time course, contact us at email@example.com
How will I study?
You’ll study core modules and options in the autumn and spring terms. In the spring and summer terms, you work on a research-based dissertation. A research methods module runs throughout the year.
Assessment is through coursework, essays, group and individual reports, and presentations. There are also unseen examinations.
These modules are running in the academic year 2018/19. We also plan to offer them in future academic years. They may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
Core modules are taken by all students on the course. They give you a solid grounding in your chosen subject and prepare you to explore the topics that interest you most.
- Research Project (International Accounting and Corporate Governance)
- Accounting in Emerging Economies
- Accounting, Organisations and Society
- Corporate and International Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Global Business Environment
- International Corporate Reporting
- Issues in Financial Reporting
- Management Accounting & Control
- Research Methods (Finance, Accounting and Banking)
Alongside your core modules, you can choose options to broaden your horizons and tailor your course to your interests.
- Bank Risk Management
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Globalisation and Integration
- Information Systems and Management
- Money and Banking
- Multinational Financial Management
- The Business Context in East Asia
- The Business Context in Europe
How much does it cost?
- UK/EU students: £11,450 per year
- Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £11,450 per year
- International students: £20,750 per year
Note that your fees may be subject to an increase on an annual basis.
How can I fund my course?
Postgraduate Masters loans
You can borrow up to £10,609 to help with fees and living costs if your course starts on or after 1 August 2018. Loans are available from the Student Loans Company if you’re from the UK or if you’re an EU national studying for a Masters.
Our aim is to ensure that every student who wants to study with us is able to despite financial barriers, so that we continue to attract talented and unique individuals.
This course opens up an array of career opportunities in global business management, management consultancy and international accountancy, as well as with large international financial bodies such as the World Trade Organisation or the World Bank.
Some of our recent graduates have gone on to work in corporate finance and financial management as financial analysts or controllers with companies such as Aviva and BMW, or as consultants for a range of international and national partnerships.
Others have taken up management positions in the public sector in local and central government. Some are pursuing doctoral studies at other prestigious universities.
92% of students from the Department of Business and Management were in work or further study six months after graduating. Recent University of Sussex Business School graduates have gone on to jobs including:
- foreign exchange market specialist, Fxprimus
- audit trainee, BDO
- finance advisor, Citic Capital.
(HESA EPI, Destinations of Post Graduate Leavers of Higher Education 2017 survey)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 27, 2018