Why study Innovative Mobility Technology at the EIT Urban Mobility Master School?
Increasing urbanization is challenging cities across the world in how to move people and goods efficiently and sustainably. To address such challenges, engineers and manufacturers can no longer design isolated machines. The vehicles of the future must communicate with each other, understand their built environment, and most importantly, interact with and be responsive to people. Future cities need professionals that understand such challenges and have the vision to anticipate these developments.
The Innovative Mobility Technology (IMT) Master is a unique study program that prepares graduates to design and develop user-centered future mobility tools and devices, and to assess their feasibility and sustainability at both the user and system level. The program focuses on understanding different applications of technological developments in various vehicle typologies and urban infrastructure. Through the program, students will work with critical real-world challenges and learn how to develop multidisciplinary solutions to complex problems. The IMT program allows students to focus on adopting innovative products and services, including working with human-centered technologies, efficient and green energy solutions, and electronics and communication technologies, as well as sensors, wired and wireless network standards, and machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions. Additionally, it provides a wide range of skills in entrepreneurship and innovation to face the rapid transformations in our globalized society.
Who can Apply?
The Innovative Mobility Technology Programme welcomes applicants that hold a B.Sc. degree in Engineering, Information Science, or Computer Science with at least 20 ECTS in maths or physics and 10 ECTS in information science or programming.
- Mechanical engineering
- System engineering
- Industrial/production/vehicle design engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Energy engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering/ Computer Sciences
- Other relevant fields
How is the program structured?
All programs at the EIT Urban Mobility Master School follow the same scheme:
- Students study one year each at two different universities–the “entry” university and the “exit” university. All options are located at a leading university in Europe in the field of urban mobility.
- Graduating students will be awarded two officially recognized Master of Science degrees, from each of the two universities. Moreover, the program is designed so that students may attain the qualifications for a certificate awarded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology.*
- During the first-year studies, students will be introduced to Innovation and Entrepreneurship and participate in an extended Challenge Project. During the same year, students will acquire essential technical skills for working with urban mobility challenges.
- Between the first and second year, students will participate in a Summer School applying new skills to two different cities within Europe.
- In the second year, students will choose from several more specialized courses in both technical content and innovation and entrepreneurship. Students will also participate in a shorter challenge project that includes an internship at a company or organization working to meet urban mobility challenges. To complete their degree, in the second year, students will carry out an independent master thesis, combining and demonstrating their full set of technical and entrepreneurial skills.
- You will have a wide range of career opportunities, within the public and private sector, as well as the business know-how to start your own business or conduct rigorous research.
Where can I study Innovative Mobility Technology?
The available universities for the Innovative Mobility Technology program are**:
- Aalto University, Espoo, Finland
- UPC Barcelona Tech, Spain
- Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy
**Please note, not all combinations may be possible.
You will have the opportunity to develop a career as a vehicle and mobility system designer and engineer, a technology innovator, a mobility infrastructure designer, an HMI engineer, an ITS system architect, an X2X connectivity system engineer, and a system power engineer, among others.
After the program, you will be able to find employment opportunities worldwide, in leading positions and multidisciplinary teams, for a range of private companies, including the automotive sector, public institutions in cities and metropolitan regions, and start-ups that require high-level technological and system competences.
About the School
Our double degree programmes combine excellent technical education with training in innovation and entrepreneurship as well as internships at companies, industry partners and cities across Europe.