- Program Duration: One academic year (on campus) + Final Management Project (12 months)
- Degree Level: Master (120 ECTS credits)
- Entry Requirements: Bachelor-level undergraduate degree in any subject. Fluency in English
- Full Program Fees: € 21,450 (Grenoble Campus) - International residency trip to the USA included in the price (for Grenoble campus only)
The aim of the MSc Innovation, Strategy and Entrepreneurship's master degree is to provide a framework and a toolkit for future managers and entrepreneurs to identify, assess and manage business opportunities in either their own companies or in existing organizations.
Furthermore, it helps and steers them in the startup creation process.
The program reflects the realities of the global environment and provides general management courses together with highly specialized modules in the areas of Innovation, Strategy, and Entrepreneurship.
Why choose this program?
- Acquire the skills to manage projects across national and cultural boundaries.
- Develop an entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial spirit.
- Assess the economic and market potential of innovations, ensuring corporate success.
- Gain the ability to evaluate the strategic role of mergers, acquisitions, and strategic alliances.
- Develop skills to meet the social, ethical, legal and financial constraints in new ventures.
- Earn your degree from a triple-accredited institution.
- Discover and try out the whole process of a start-up creation.
A word from the Program Director
"Innovation and Entrepreneurship are everywhere in our daily lives: smart cities, internet society, the digital economy, big data and design thinking, to name only a few. The consequences are huge: we will no longer buy – we will use! We will no longer manufacture - we will print with 3D printing!
After the Internet of People with mobile internet technology and applications, the next wave will be the Internet of Things called: IoT with news applications, new behaviors, and above all new business models. You have to discover and learn the causes and impacts of IoT in the next decade.
The MSc in Innovation, Strategy, and Entrepreneurship is a convergent Master-level program designed for students who want to prepare themselves for the tectonic shift in the way we live and work. Companies and organizations, already responding to the challenges of tomorrow, project hiring graduates who have learned to navigate through the new landscape of innovation and strategy.
If you want to broaden your theoretical knowledge while gaining practical experience in the working world, network with today's leading industry experts and tomorrow's game-changers, create your own business or help companies face tomorrow's challenges head-on, this program was designed for you! You will be challenged by an intensive, rigorous curriculum, taught by acclaimed academics and professional experts, and learn from your fellow students – a truly international group – through teamwork and intensive real-life case studies.
If you are ready to embark on this adventure and be part of this unique experience in Grenoble, the heart of the French Alps and France's capital of innovation and entrepreneurship, come and join us!"
Marie-France Derderian, MSc Innovation, Strategy and Entrepreneurship Program Director
In addition to its proximity to research-intensive, international companies (STMicroelectronics, Hewlett-Packard) and scientific organizations (the micro and nanotechnology innovation center GIANT Minatec - the French Commissariat à l'Energie Atomique and LETI), this program also comes from a top quality international teaching team made up of academics and professionals, thus creating an atmosphere supportive of teaching, learning, creative thinking and research.
The program’s main objective is to provide a multidisciplinary approach to the field of Innovation, Strategy, and Entrepreneurship
The program corresponds to the realities of the global management environment by offering highly-specialized courses in the fields as well as courses relating to general management and business, thus extending the intellectual understanding of Innovation, Strategy, and Entrepreneurship as a discipline.
The first year of the Master is a full-time year in Grenoble or Berlin. Students will be required to attend the program full-time for one academic year from September to June the following year.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT AND THE CORPORATE ENVIRONMENT
- Corporate Finance
- Insight into Digital
- Intercultural Management
- International Negotiations
- Leadership, Teambuilding and Managerial Creativity
- Legal Environment of International Business
- Managerial Economics
- Project Management
- Research Methods for Managers
- Personal Branding for Career Success
- Digital Analytics
- Introduction to Innovation
- Creativity and Innovation
- Innovation and Design Thinking
- Marketing High Tech and Innovation
- Strategic Management
- Harvard Course: Microeconomics of Competitiveness
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Restructuring
- Strategic Marketing and Marketing Planning
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- New Venture Business Planning
- Entrepreneurship and Business Opportunities
- Small and Family Business
*The content of the program may be adapted from year to year to take into account the needs of industry. Class attendance is compulsory.
The second year of the program is dedicated to the Final Management Project conducted under the supervision of a tutor. This is an applied or theoretical research project that can be completed at a distance and in parallel with full-time employment or an approved internship. Students are encouraged to choose a subject related to their future career.
Final Management Project
At the end of the one year full-time part of the program, each student will be required to complete a Final Management Project of approximately 15,000 words in length, under the guidance of a tutor.
To successfully complete the Final Management Project, they are required to address a particular research question or knowledge gap in the chosen field of their study. This will be business oriented and coherent with the program's objectives. A student may choose to write their project on a topic grounded in their internship experience.
Learning a foreign language is a recommended program option for all students who are looking to work internationally. Non-French speakers have the option of studying French (beginner to advanced level), a recommended option for students looking to work in France following their studies. French speakers may choose from a number of other languages at the beginner level.
Live Business Cases
During this program, participants will have the opportunity to become real-life business developers by exploring a Live Business Case provided by companies working in partnership with the MSc Innovation, Strategy, and Entrepreneurship program. Students will work in groups and delve deeply into their cases during the seven months from October to June under the supervision of a coach.The Live Business Cases are launched by a briefing given by the company.
Live Business Cases will cover:
- Innovation, entrepreneurship, and management issues from an integrated, holistic perspective.
- A capstone opportunity for students to apply theoretical principles from coursework and lectures.
At the conclusion of the Live Business Case, students will be able to:
- Build a company analysis
- Select and apply a methodology, and make useful and efficient recommendations.
- Understand the Business Development process
- Provide critical analysis
- Make strategic decisions
- Work in a small multicultural group under time constraints
- Produce compelling written and oral presentations
- Demonstrate communication, negotiation and leadership skills
At the end of the seven-month Live Business Case, each group will produce a written report and make an oral presentation to the Jury and other groups from the program. The Jury consists of the company coach, the school coach, and the program director.
- Employment within 2 months: 85%
- Jobs with international projects: 81%
- Annual salary with bonus after graduation: < 40k€: 33% | 40k€-50k€: 34% | >50k€: 33%
The students following the MSc Innovation, Strategy and Entrepreneurship generally wish to prepare for careers as:
- R&D Managers
- Project Managers
- B to B Product Managers
- Business Engineers
- Business Developers
Or in the following fields:
- High Tech IT
Graduates of the MSc Innovation, Strategy and Entrepreneurship program hold positions in a variety of sectors all over the world:
- Guillermo, Venezuela: Product Manager - Organization Palo Alto
- Huwein, China: Project Manager, Reverse Innovation - Biomerieux
- Amit, UK: EMEIA Product Marketing - Apple
- Alexandre, France: Business Analyst and Pricing Expert - Schneider
- Nikolay, Russia: Analyst - International Innovation Nanotechnology Center
- Nikos, Greece: Business Developer - Intralot
- Agostino, Canada: Associate - Kachan and Co.
- Mayur, Singapore: Executive Business Development - Adnai Mining
- Khodor, France: Digital Marketing Manager - Eurocopter
Running my own business has always been my dream, which is why I decided to study entrepreneurship. I chose to do my master’s degree at GEM due to its notoriety in the field of innovation and its consistently high rankings among top business schools worldwide. Not only was I taught by excellent professors, but the atmosphere among students and teachers was both impressive and enriching, especially due to the diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds.
The combination of entrepreneurship and innovation provided me a more advanced insight into the business world and in particular the startup community. Many of the professors lecturing on the program are deeply involved in the startup scene, which was a real selling point for me. The Silicon Valley trip was another major highlight, which included visits to major corporations such as Google and Facebook, as well as other leaders in the field if technology.
Overall this program was an invaluable experience that is already paying off for my career path. The automotive industry has always fascinated me and I am now working at Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, selling cars to the region of Latin America. Furthermore, the knowledge I acquired on the program has enabled me to bring innovative approaches to my own family business specialized in real estate. On top of that, I am also working on a startup which I started with a friend I met during the program in Grenoble! All in all, I consider that my time at GEM to be the most important in my life so far and I feel glad that I chose this business school and this program in particular.
Admission & application
This program is designed for recent graduates from any background as well as managers or entrepreneurs willing to develop and manage technological and business opportunities.
- Bachelor-level undergraduate degree in any subject with a good grade average
- No previous work experience necessary
- Fluency in English - see test requirements below.
- The GMAT is not required for this program.
To apply for this program, candidates must complete the online application and include scanned copies of all original supporting documents. All documents must be in English or be submitted with a certified translation into English if written in another language.
- Official copy of latest degree or diploma or certificate of enrollment with an approximate graduation date
- University transcripts: front/back on a grading scale
- 3 short essays (relating to your academic/professional experience, your reasons for choosing this program and your intercultural awareness)
- 2 academic or professional references. Family members or friends are not acceptable as referees
- Scan of passport
- Internationally recognized passport picture
Fluency in English (TOEFL, PTE, IELTS or CPE):
- TOEFL: Computer-based: 240 / Internet-based (IBT): 94 (minimum score of 22 in Reading and Speaking; minimum score of 21 in Listening and Writing). TOEFL Institution code: 8973
- IELTS: 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all areas (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE): A, B, C
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): 63 (minimum score of 59 in each section)
- Not accepted: TOEIC, Institutional/ITP TOEFL, Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge English: First (FCE)
Please note English test scores must be communicated to GEM/GGSB by the beginning of July for September programs.
Please note that for your initial application we ask only for copies of documents. If you are accepted, we will then request to send digital certified copies that you will be asked to present during the induction week. More details about certified copies per nationality are explained on the application form.
To ensure GEM/GGSB is the right fit for you, you may be asked to participate in an interview. You will be notified if an interview is necessary after the Admission Board meets.
Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please consult rolling admissions deadlines.
Note: All academic qualifications, including those earned at GEM, are recognized at the discretion of each country or university. Students seeking admission to a further course of study or who wish to work in another country after their program may need to have their degree certified through a process specified by the receiving authority. Before starting a GGSB program, students who know that they want to work or study in another country or university are advised to verify whether their intended degree will be recognized.
Total Program Fees: 2018-19
- Fees to be paid by student: 21,450 Euros for 2 years (Grenoble campus)*
Included in the fees:
- Project Supervision
- Access to all GGSB/GEM facilities (The cost does not include accommodation and meals)
- International Residency trip for Grenoble students
*Fees are subject to change. Please verify program fees each year before commencement.
Please refer to our partner campus websites for off-site tuition fees and scholarships.
An administrative fee of 250€ is charged for student services in Year 1 and a further 250€ for student card renewal in Year 2. Fees are subject to change. Please verify program fees each year before the beginning of the school year.