This programme covers practical aspects of information systems development, modern management topics and professionalism in IT. If you already have experience of working in the IT industry, the programme aims to provide opportunities for broadening and deepening your knowledge and skills. If you do not have previous experience, the programme aims to provide a platform for a career in the IT industry.
You will gain an advanced level of understanding of computers, computing, software development, and how to design and implement software systems. The programme also covers the use of information systems in organisations and the management of IT and information systems.
Why study this course at Birkbeck?
- Provides graduates who have a first degree in a subject other than computing with knowledge of information systems, computing and management of IT.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of problem analysis, evaluation of technology options, systems development, technology-driven organisational change and technology-based innovation.
- Develop foundations for continuing on to an MPhil/PhD programme in information systems or technology management.
- You will have 24-hour access to several laboratories of networked PCs with a range of language compilers, database and other application software. We are connected, via the SuperJANET network, to the computers of other academic institutions in London, elsewhere in the UK and abroad.
Careers and employability
Graduates go on to careers in information systems development, information systems management, consultancy and research.
Cost & Fees
- Part-time home/EU students: £ 3975 pa
- Full-time home/EU students: £ 7950 pa
- Part-time overseas students: £ 7225 pa
- Full-time overseas students: £ 14450 pa
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 26, 2018