Choose Kingston's Information Systems MSc
Information systems, when used effectively, can give a business or organisation the competitive edge. They can also transform businesses, restructure organisations and streamline business processes. This course seeks to address the shortage of people who can operate at the interface of business and IT, and offers the chance to study a spectrum of relevant business and technical subjects.
- This course is accredited by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT.
- The career-enhancing programme is designed to build on your previous experience and education and allow you to tailor your learning to suit your individual career development, industry background and requirements of your organisation.
- An industrial advisory board advises on all aspects of the curriculum to ensure that new concepts are introduced and that the course continues to meet the needs of business and industry.
What will you study?
You will study the design, development and management of information systems to enable you to recognise and accommodate the increased rate of change and instability in the business and information environment created by social, economic, political and technical changes. You will gain an understanding of how information is used within an organisation, who uses it, the nature of the information, how it relates to decision making and how it contributes to organisational goals and objectives.
In addition to our pure Information Systems MSc you can choose to specialise in E-commerce or Health Information Management.
Coursework and/or exams, research project/dissertation.
The full MSc course consists of an induction programme, four taught modules, and project dissertation. Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list.
- Modelling Enterprise Architectures
- Data Management and Governance
- eBusiness Strategy and Implementation
- Agile Project Development
- Project Dissertation
Learn a language
You will have the opportunity to study a foreign language, free of charge, during your time at the University as part of the Kingston Language Scheme. Options currently include: Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
This school offers programs in:
Cost & Fees
Home and European Union 2016/17
- MSc part time £3,465
- MSc full time £6,300
Overseas (not EU) 2016/17
- MSc part time £7,095
- MSc full time £12,900
Last updated November 8, 2016