This mid-career Master's degree in Information Systems and Management is designed for those with a degree in information systems, computing or management; or those with extensive experience in the use of information systems in organisations, or the management of IT. It will build on your understanding of information systems and management, offering the opportunity to study at an advanced level within or across several areas, including information systems project management, development and change management, and computing-based innovation.
Students who complete the programme successfully will have gained an in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge in their chosen area of study, which they will be able to use in analysis of problems; evaluation of technology options; deployment of appropriate solutions; and research into, or development and deployment of, new information-based technologies.
Those who hold the Prince2® Foundation and Practitioner qualification in project management will gain credit for their previous external study, while those who do not will have the opportunity to gain this useful external certification. The use and management of information systems in organisations are emphasised. For those entering with management qualifications, the study of information systems development and related material is required.
PRINCE2® is a Registered Trade Mark and a Registered Community Trade Mark of the Office of Government Commerce and is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office.
Why study this course at Birkbeck?
- Focuses on information systems project management.
- Provides graduates with the first degree in information systems, computer science or management, with opportunities to deepen and broaden their knowledge.
- Develops appropriate foundations for continuing on to an MPhil/PhD in information systems or technology management.
- You will have 24-hour access to several laboratories of networked PCs with a range of language compilers, databases, and project management and other application software. We are connected, via the SuperJANET network, to the computers of other academic institutions in London, elsewhere in the UK and abroad.
Careers and employability
Graduates go on to careers in information systems management, consultancy and research.
Cost & Fees
- Part-time home/EU students: £ 3975 pa
- Full-time home/EU students: £ 7950 pa
- Part-time overseas students: £ 7225 pa
- Full-time overseas students: £ 14450 pa
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 1, 2018