MSc Information Systems and Business Analysis
This programme is designed to give you an expert understanding of how information systems support the business and its operations. Through its specialist career pathway, the programme gives you in-depth knowledge and experience to prepare you for a range of careers in IS consultancy, business analysis and management.
Outline of programme
The programme equips students with the technical, organisational and people skills needed to develop business systems and manage Information Systems projects in practice. A core workshop module allows students the opportunity to act as consultants, creating a fully working information system within a realistic but supportive environment. Complete outlines for all modules are available online..
- Foundation in Business Systems
- Developing Business Systems Workshop
- Managing Projects
- Learning, Skills and Career Development.
- Business Intelligence
- Simulation for Managerial Decision Making
- Advanced Spreadsheets and Databases
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Operations Management
- Information Systems Management.
Please note, the availability of elective modules are subject to demand.
The taught modules are assessed through a mixture of examinations and coursework. The taught element of the programme is complemented by a substantial piece of research leading to the completion of a project.
The programme prepares you for a range of specialist careers in consultancy, management and business analysis. Due to the importance of information systems in all organisations, the programme can also lead to general organisational and project management careers. Recent ISBA graduates found employment with Capgemini, Roland Berger, Target Group, Barclays, Centrica and others, working in roles as consultants, business analysts, software architects and web systems developers. Some graduates go on to further study with partner institutions or study for professional examinations in order to enhance their qualifications further still. In addition, some of our graduates work with charities or NGOs in their home countries or become self-employed. We are especially proud of the large proportion of ISBA graduates who have entered careers in consultancy or business analysis.
One of the following:
- A good UK honours degree (minimum lower second class)
- Equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University.
As well as:
- Two professional references – at least one must be from an academic referee
- An official academic transcript of your university grades to date
- A completed application form.
For International Students:
- An official academic transcript, with an official English translation, of your university grades to date
- International students whose native language is not English will also need to satisfy our English language requirements with one of the following:
- TOEFL Internet Based Test score of 93 overall, with a minimum score of 22 in speaking, 19 in listening, 26 in writing and 18 in reading. Please note that TOEFL scores are subject to terms and conditions.
- IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and speaking and 6 in listening and reading).
Pre-sessional English language programmes are available for good applicants whose English qualification falls just short of these requirements.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017