Choose Kingston's IT and Strategic Innovation MSc
The success of an organisation can rest on both an understanding of IT and how to use innovation strategically to enable new growth and competitive advantage. This course aims to provide an understanding of the characteristics of high-tech innovation combined with the leadership and management values necessary for entrepreneurship (new venture creation) or for successfully creating and managing strategic innovation both from within an organisation as well as from outside, eg as an IT consultant.
- This course is accredited by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT.
- You can tailor the course to suit your own career development needs, industry background or organisation's requirements.
- The project/dissertation gives you the chance to study an area of interest in greater depth and gain valuable research skills. It often takes the form of a business plan relevant to your career and provides an excellent selling point when looking for a job or promotion. If you are an overseas student, we will help you to carry out a project either based in your home country or that will be of specific relevance when you return home.
What will you study?
You will study the types and characteristics of innovation, as well as the major barriers to the spread of innovation. This will enable you to recognise and welcome the increased rate of change and instability in the business and technology fields. You will gain an understanding of the role of information systems in encouraging, capturing and managing innovation in an organisation and how this relates to constructing better value chains by using knowledge management, data mining, decision making and business intelligence.
Coursework and/or exams.
The full MSc course consists of an induction programme, four taught modules, and project dissertation. Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list.
- eBusiness Strategy and Implementation
- IT and Entrepreneurship
- Modelling Enterprise Architectures
- Data Management and Governance
- Project Dissertation
Learn a language
You will have the opportunity to study a foreign language, free of charge, during your time at the University as part of the Kingston Language Scheme. Options currently include Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
Cost & Fees
Home and European Union 2016/17
- MSc part time £3,465
- MSc full time £6,300
Overseas (not EU) 2016/17
- MSc part time £7,095
- MSc full time £12,900