This programme is aimed at those who wish to develop a critical understanding of people and organisations. It focuses on strategic and individual-level improvements, through assessment of the role of human resource management (HRM) in modern organisations, the issues involved in developing strategic aims (including on an international basis), employment relations, and selecting, motivating and developing staff. You will also acquire applied research skills.
The programme is recognised by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
Why study this course at Birkbeck?
- Enhance or develop your career in human resources, management, training and development or consultancy.
- Develop a critical understanding of human resource management, organisational behaviour and employment relations theory and practice.
- Benefit from Birkbeck’s renowned quality teaching and expertise in the delivery of part-time programmes.
- Study by flexible learning methods combining face-to-face and network learning.
- Access to an extensive range of electronic resources, including specially prepared texts for each module. Use of the online learning environment with a high level of staff support.
The programme comprises 8 compulsory modules. You must complete all 8 modules and a supervised independent applied research project.
Research methods and skills are integrated throughout the programme.
Careers and employability
Graduates go on to develop or advance careers in management, human resources, training and development, and consultancy.
Cost & Fees
- Part-time home/EU students: £ 3975 pa
- Full-time home/EU students: £ 7950 pa
- Part-time overseas students: £ 7225 pa
- Full-time overseas students: £ 14450 pa
- Distance learning home students: £ 3975 pa
- Distance learning overseas students: £ 7225 pa
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 31, 2018