MSc Human Resource Management and Business
The programme aims to develop your understanding of the theory and practice of people management in work organisations, addressing the skills required for effective analysis and policy formation. The course is distinctive in grounding the study of HRM within the broader study of management, with an emphasis on change management and strategy. Module outlines are available online..
Outline of programme
Our excellently rated MSc programme is fully accredited by the largest internationally recognised HR professional body, the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), providing you with the ideal qualification for developing your career in HR..
- Organisational Behaviour
- Strategy, Change and Leadership
- Strategic and International Human Resource Management
- Assessment, Performance and Reward
- Learning and Talent Development
- Employee Relations in Context
- Employment Law
- Research Methods in Human Resource Management and Business.
In addition to these taught modules students will also be required to participate In a number of skills workshops designed to develop their core HR professional skills.
The taught modules are assessed through a mixture of examinations and coursework. The taught element of the programme is complemented by a substantial piece of research leading to the completion of a project.
This programme is fully accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and meets the requirement of the CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma in HR Management. On successful completion of the MSc degree students will gain a professional level of CIPD membership - Associate (AssocCIPD) – and the knowledge required towards upgrading to the higher levels of Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow.
This programme prepares you for a wide range of roles in the related fields of HR, Personnel and Recruitment, and is designed to reflect the full range of industry sectors in which HR influences people and organisations. Examples of positions secured by recent graduates include: HR Consultant - RBS (London), HR Executive - Standard Chartered Bank (India) and Reward Consultant - Rolls Royce (Birmingham, UK).
One of the following:
- A good UK honours degree (minimum lower second class)
- Equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University.
As well as:
- Two professional references – at least one must be from an academic referee
- An official academic transcript of your university grades to date
- A completed application form.
For International Students:
- An official academic transcript, with an official English translation, of your university grades to date
- International students whose native language is not English will also need to satisfy our English language requirements with one of the following:
- TOEFL Internet Based Test score of 93 overall, with a minimum score of 22 in speaking, 19 in listening, 26 in writing and 18 in reading. Please note that TOEFL scores are subject to terms and conditions.
- IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and speaking and 6 in listening and reading).
Pre-sessional English language programmes are available for good applicants whose English qualification falls just short of these requirements.
This school offers programs in: