Choose Kingston's Financial and Business Management MSc
This course is a combination of two highly successful courses run by the Business School – the Accounting and Finance MSc and the International Business Management MSc – both of which have established an international reputation for excellence. It is an intensive, thorough and challenging programme, designed to give you the theoretical and practical skills essential for managing today's businesses.
This course is suitable for both experienced corporate finance and financial management practitioners who want to add to their skills, and those looking for a career in the area.
- The programme has been developed in consultation with finance professionals at RBS Capital Markets, Commerzbank AG, Standard Chartered Bank and NatWest Bank to give you the practical, real-life skills employers require in this highly competitive sector.
- We are one of only a handful of UK universities that offer a Bloomberg trading room, giving you the opportunity to develop the hands-on skills employers want.
- There are regular talks from practising industry experts such as the former head of Financial Services Authority.
- As well as studying an international curriculum, you will meet and work with students from a wide variety of countries and cultures who can add international insight to class discussions and working groups, and give you a global alumni network.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 percent of the world's business schools.
"Like for like, this is one of the top programmes in the UK...it was created and is taught by academics who have worked at leading international business schools as well as top global financial institutions." – Dr Mohammed Nurullah, course director
What will you study?
The course is highly practical, with each module has been designed to teach you the skills that employers value most. You will even be assessed in practical terms, with all tests based on real-life practices, so that you can get used to the way you will work for an employer when you have finished the course.
You will learn the computer and research skills employers demand work in this highly competitive sector. The programme has a balanced approach, teaching you how to interpret and solve problems using both quantitative and qualitative methods. The course is taught by both Kingston Business School's academic staff and expert guest lecturers form the accounting, auditing and financial services sector.
We will assess you through assignments, case studies, formal examinations and your dissertation. All these tests are based on real-life practices, preparing you for your future career.
The course is divided into two stages, with stage one made up of four core modules and one optional module, and stage two involving research towards your dissertation.
September to December
You will start with an induction and personal development programme and then move on to studying theories, models and practice of management accounting and finance.
January to May
You will continue to study three of the 30 credit modules and add an optional module.
June to September
You will work on a research project (dissertation) module. This allows you to study a topic of your choice in detail, carry out research and write a report on your findings with conclusions and practical advice for management. You will get one-to-one tuition and guidance and can tailor your research to fit in with your career interests.
Carrying out this research in a financial or business environment means that you can build professional contacts and connections in the business world that will be useful when you graduate.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. Those listed here may also be a mixture of core and optional modules.
- Management Accounting
- Financial Modelling and Research Methods
- Corporate Finance and Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Accounting and Financial Management
- Contemporary Business Strategy
- Research Project
Option modules (choose one)
- Islamic Banking and Insurance
- Global Marketing
Learn a language
You will have the opportunity to study a foreign language, free of charge, during your time at the University as part of the Kingston Language Scheme. Options currently include Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
Cost & Fees
Home and European Union: £10,000
Overseas (not EU): £14,500
Program taught in: