The MSc Financial Mathematics programme provides you with advanced analytical training, quantitative knowledge and the practical skill sets required by modern financial institutions. It aims to equip you with a solid education in financial analysis, risk management and financial engineering for a successful career in the finance and banking industries. It is heavily weighted towards advanced mathematics and programming modules designed with practical applications in mathematical and quantitative finance.
Graduates of this programme, as with all XJTLU masters degrees, earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Knowledge and skills
The MSc Financial Mathematics programme will equip you with:
- intellectual skills and theoretical understandings appropriate for the study of financial mathematics and quantitative analysis at a postgraduate level.
- practical mathematics and object-oriented programming skills linking finance theories to real-world application.
- skills in research, evaluation and analysis and the quantitative techniques to evaluate and interpret complex data and research literature.
- skills and abilities to devise, plan and undertake complex research projects in the field of financial mathematics.
- Advanced modelling methods in finance
- Advanced financial econometrics
- Computational methods in finance
- Continuous time finance
- Advanced statistics
- Stochastic calculus
- Microeconomics for financial mathematics
- Quantitative methods
- Numerical computation in finance
- Advanced risk management.
Additional learning activity modules
There are many useful modules and seminars from which to choose for Additional Learning Activity purposes.
A postgraduate degree in financial mathematics gives you many employment opportunities in the business world such as in banks, investment firms, insurance companies, consulting services to the financial industry, government regulatory agencies and business entities. You could also conduct teaching and research at universities, research institutions or government entities.
RMB 90,000 for the entire 18-month full-time programme.
University tuition fees cover the cost of your study with us.
An undergraduate degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent) in a relevant field, such as mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, computer science, finance and economics.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (minimum of 5.5 in all sections)
- TOEFL iBT: 90 (minimum of 21 in any skill)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 10, 2017