With the rapid advancement of computing technology, there is an increasing demand in the dynamic and challenging environment of financial services for a variety of technical talent to deliver business solutions on a global scale.
The MSc Financial Computing programme addresses market demand and will train you for advanced technical or managerial roles in new interdisciplinary areas of computational techniques and equip you with financial knowledge to deliver effective business solutions.
The Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering is equipped with specialist lab facilities for operating systems, networking, mobile computing and multimedia technology that will support your learning and research.
Graduates of this programme, as with all XJTLU masters degrees, earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Knowledge and skills
By studying MSc Financial Computing, you will gain:
- theoretical and practical knowledge of key areas of finance and computing in both industry and research.
- knowledge of the latest technology and applications for the finance industry, such as big data and business analytics.
- practical skills in research, analysis, realisation and evaluation of technical or research documents in financial computing.
You will undertake eight modules in the first two semesters and a dissertation project in the third semester for a total duration of 18 months. You will choose these modules based on the subject area of your first degrees, such as computing, finance or other fields. The precise content of your dissertation project will be discussed and decided with your project supervisor and is subject to approval.
- Research methods
- Data mining and Big Data analytics/databases and data management/data mining and machine learning
- Accounting and financial management/advanced derivatives
- Artificial intelligence
- Cloud computing
- Computer systems security
- Interactive systems
- Object-oriented programming
- Software architecture
- Alternative investments and strategies
- Advanced corporate finance
- Advanced investments
- International finance and economics.
Additional learning activity modules
MSc Financial Computing graduates can find employment as software engineers, database specialists, infrastructure managers, financial analysts, financial consultants, business analysts, system analysts, investment analysts, e-finance architects, credit managers, portfolio managers, business intelligence executives, wealth services officers, and risk management auditors amongst others.
RMB 90,000 for the entire 18-month full-time programme.
University tuition fees cover the cost of your study with us.
An undergraduate degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent) in any discipline.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.0 (minimum of 5.0 in all sections)
- TOEFL iBT: 80
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 31, 2018