MSc Financial Compliance and Governance
The MSc Financial Compliance course has been designed to provide students with the strategic skills to not only analyse regulations and compliance functions but also at other risks faced by financial institutions including market, credit and liquidity.
You will gain a fundamental understanding of financial markets and the changing place of financial institutions in the global economy. The main focus is to explore various threats and risks to financial institutions and the role of the compliance function in helping to identify and combat them.
With a core focus on employability, this course will ensure students are up-to-date with all the latest developments in this constantly shifting field.
Accreditations and rankings
The University of Law is the UK's longest-established specialist provider of legal and business education with an employability rate of 97%*. This institute has over 100 years of experience supporting students to build successful careers.
*97% of full-time LPC students that graduated in summer 2014 and 2015 were in employment within nine months.
Who is the programme for?
This Master’s degree is ideal for those interested in a career in financial compliance. Whether you are looking to progress in your current career, switch careers or pursue a career in this field, this is the course for you. Berlin is an up and coming financial hub and with its diverse population, the perfect location to experience international education. You will get an opportunity to immerse yourself in the vibrant culture Berlin has to offer whilst getting an insight into German businesses such as Sony, Deutsche Bahn and other key corporate players.
- A boutique business school - tailored approach to students.
- AMBA Accreditation since 2011 with some triple-accredited partners which only 1% of the world’s elite business schools receive.
- Programmes with top global rankings – the MIB is ranked 20th in the world by the Economist in 2017.
- International student cohort with over 40 nationalities represented.
- Scholarships, flexible payment plans and early-bird discounts available.
- Perfect city centre locations in Berlin.
- Free German classes and 100% in English.
- Germany has the 2nd best unemployment rate in the EU, at 3.4%*
- 4th Best Graduate starting salary at £40,650 in Europe, with a growing economy**
- Germany is the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe; It is recognised for its high-quality education and you can experience this with GISMA***.
- Berlin, Germany’s capital is the start-up technology capital of Europe
- Berlin is the second-largest city in the EU and has a thriving business scene, offering a range of job opportunities for young professionals and graduates.
Germany is well known for its rich history in culture and arts, offering students an enriching international experience whilst combining world-class education from our globally ranked partner institutions.
***According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor
How will you learn?
This course is delivered in an interactive way with a real-world focus. Learning will take place both in and outside the classroom environment. Face-to-face learning is supported by online resources, including the Financial Times, case studies, simulations, learning videos, reading materials, online testing and feedback.
The programme consists of three workshop contact hours each week per 30 credit module in order to promote group interaction, as well as personal support to individuals.
Upon completion of this course, students will have the necessary skills and knowledge for switching to or progressing within a career in financial compliance.
Additionally, students who graduate from this degree may consider pursuing further studies with other professional qualifications, a PhD or MBA.
Our dedicated Career Development Centre will help students fulfil their career goals through a variety of specialised services, and establishes long-lasting relationships with alumni and employers.
Career development centre
- Assist students in making connections between their academic experience and chosen career path.
- Offer career-related educational opportunities which help students establish career plans and increase their professional and personal development.
- Work with alumni to enhance interactions among former and current students for the purpose of career exploration.
- Strengthens and expands relationships with employers.
- Builds strategic partnerships with local company associations and organises networking events for companies and students at GISMA.
GISMA offers flexible payment plans that allow you to spread the costs of your programme fees across three instalments.
In addition, you can opt for monthly instalments. Discounts are available. A deposit of €2,000.00 is required to start.
This year will consist of the following core modules:
- Fundamentals of Securities and Investments
- Global Financial Compliance
- Risk Management and Compliance Functions under Basel III
- Financial Crime, AML and Cyber-Security
- Research Methods, Professional Development and Dissertation/Project
- Either a 2:2 or above from a UK Bachelors degree in a Finance, Accounting or STEM-related subject area, or a 2:1 in an unrelated subject area, or equivalent qualifications.
- International requirements - an English Language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- Non-standard entry: non-standard applicants are welcome to apply at GISMA. Applicants without a bachelor's degree may apply if they possess at least 5 years' managerial experience. For more information and details on the non-standard application process please contact us.
About the School
GISMA was proud to announce its partnership with ULaw in 2017. As a result of this cooperation, GISMA is able to offer a range of postgraduate programmes including human resources, marketing and data ... Read More