Based on the Greenwich Campus and situated within minutes of the financial centre of Canary Wharf, this programme provides rigorous coverage of the areas of finance and investment. Ideal for students who are either working or targeting a career in the finance industry, the programme is designed to help prepare students for chartered financial analyst (CFA) examinations. This prestigious qualification is becoming increasingly popular in key financial centres such as London, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore.
The syllabus covers all key theoretical areas of finance and investment analysis. It also focuses strongly on the development of the analytical skills needed by the finance industry. Students are taught by academic staff with recent practitioner experience and strong research interests in finance. The dissertation, which focuses on data analysis of financial markets, provides a key practical underpinning for the large body of theory covered. This is a demanding programme that is particularly suitable for students motivated to undertake both an academic and professional qualification and is ideally suited to students with a business, economics or numerate background.
- Financial Analysis and Valuation (15 credits)
- Financial Econometrics (15 credits)
- Business English for Academic Purposes - Level 4
- Research Methods (15 credits)
- Foundations of Scholarship (Dept ACC) (15 credits)
- Principles of Finance (30 credits)
- Investment Management (30 credits)
- Financial Markets & Products (30 credits)
- Research Project (30 credits)
- Applicants should have: A good relevant/numerate first degree (usually 2.2 or an equivalent qualification) from a recognised university or higher education institute. Students educated in a language other than English should normally have an IELTS score of 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or equivalent in a secure English language test. Alternatively, students with an overall IELTS of 5 or 5.5 can study our pre-sessional English language programme prior to degree studies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 8, 2016