MSc Finance and Investment
Enter the fast-paced financial sector by building your foundations of expertise in financial management. You will develop a broad knowledge base, and put it into practice with our extensive practical sessions. Build the confidence to make key financial decisions and become familiar with the process of identifying, measuring and communicating key economic information. Position yourself to begin a career in investment banking, international finance, financial journalism or portfolio management.
- Steer your career in a new direction with this programme designed to allow you to bring your experience and knowledge from a wide range of undergraduate disciplines and apply it to marketing and innovation.
- Lay the foundations for a career in the finance and investment sector by building a strong base of knowledge relating to both the theory and practice of financial decision making and investment.
- Explore the powerful blend of the processes and mechanics which underlie decision-making in today’s financial and investment sectors, giving you the confidence to be decisive in your future career.
- Gain the advanced management and analytical skills needed to take you to the forefront of the financial world.
- Shape your studies to match your goals by selecting two specialist financial modules in your third term. You’ll be able to follow the path which suits your own individual interests and needs.
- ACF701A Investments
- STO700A International Business Environment
- ACF703 International Finance
- ACF718 Corporate Finance
- STO701 Knowledge Management and Decision Making
- HRL710A Leadership and Management Essentials
- ACF719 Financial Management
- ACF707SU Advanced Credit Management
- HRL712 Corporate Governance and Ethics
- ACF709SU Corporate Risk Management
- ACF708SU Real Estate and Alternative Investments
A good honours degree, first or second class, or equivalent, in any discipline.
If English is not your mother tongue 6.5 IELTS with a minimum of 5.5 in any element in a secure English language test.
Plymouth University offers pre-sessional English language courses if you do not have this.
We welcome students from a broad range of disciplines who are keen to place their undergraduate discipline knowledge into the context of finance and investment.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 18, 2017