The Master's (MSc) in Finance and Business Analytics is designed to pair the key areas of finance and business analytics. This programme takes a data driven approach to the analysis of financial, market and organisational information. In addition, to cover the key principles of finance, financial modelling and financial markets, the programme includes modules on business analytics and data mining to equip students to work in the data driven areas of finance and financial management. No previous study of business analytics or any quantitative subject is required to undertake this programme.
- A full conversion programme that may be completed in a single year
- Does not require accounting, finance or any quantitative study to be completed at undergraduate level
- All modules are taught by our world-class faculty who have a breadth of industrial and academic knowledge
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (REF 2014)
- A wide range of professional accreditations to accelerate your career depending on the optional modules you take
- Access to the School of Management investment and trading simulation room to support in-depth understanding of finance in practice
- 93% of Swansea students in employment six months after graduating
- High contact time – our modules come with a lecture (in class sizes capped at approximately 150 students) and seminar/tutorial (in class sizes capped at 30) every single week
- Fully refurbished facilities – we have invested half a million pounds in a recent refurbishment to our student facilities
- Scholarships available for outstanding students
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact - 60% at 4-star level (REF 2014)
Students must attain a 2:2 (or overseas equivalent) in an undergraduate degree. Any degree subject will be considered.
We consider all applications on their merits and will look at each individual case before making an offer so students who fall slightly short of the entry criteria should still apply to the School of Management.
Non-native English speakers must achieve an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with no component less than 5.5. A list of equivalent tests are provided here. If you have studied an undergraduate degree taught through the medium of English you maybe exempt from this requirement.
For students who fall short of only the English language requirement we offer a range of Pre-Master's training programmes that you may take before starting your Master's qualification.
For students who fall significantly short of the general entry requirement we offer a Pre-Master's programme via International College Wales Swansea that will allow you to enter our postgraduate programmes.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 1, 2017