Reasons to choose CIIM for your MSc in Finance and Banking
- Broad perspective: The CIIM MSc in Finance and Banking covers finance, banking and insurance to give you the broadest perspective to develop your career
- Practical: The programme is delivered by faculty drawn from industry professionals, leaders and policy makers to deliver practical, real world learning
- International: The programme draws on both Cyprus and international faculty to prepare you for both the local and international markets
- Flexibility: The rolling start dates, modular structure and modern learning techniques enable you to create the qualification you need for your career development while balancing the needs of your home life, career and study
- Professional qualifications: The MSc Finance is designed to help students prepare for the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) and CISI (Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment) examinations. The CIIM Executive Education function offers further preparatory seminars dedicated to that purpose
Who is the MSc Finance and Banking designed for?
The twin forces of globalisation and the information revolution have dramatically transformed the banking and financial sector, leading to its growing importance.
The financial crisis and its impacts on individuals, businesses and the economy of virtually every country on the planet have heightened the importance of properly trained professionals on finance, banking and risk management.
Employers are increasingly looking for qualified individuals who possess the sophisticated analytical and technical skills necessary to handle complex transactions in the fast moving, globalised financial markets.
The CIIM MSc Finance and Banking adapts continually to meet the rapid changes in the local and global economy ensuring students are familiar with all the latest developments in the sector.
A specialist Master degree in Finance and Banking is a qualification highly valued by those who want to pursue a career in the financial services industry and by their potential employers.
MSc Finance and Banking Student Profile
Students currently studying the CIIM MSc in Finance and Banking have the following profile:
- Average age 31
- Approximately equal number of men and women
A key feature of our student body is diversity; both in terms of positions held, companies employed and country of origin. We have students from Cyprus (63%), Eastern Europe (Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Latvia, and Slovakia) (25%), Asia (China and India) (9%), and Africa (South Africa and Nigeria) (3%).
This school offers programs in: