This 12 month course provides students with training in advanced analytical techniques (including AAS, NMR, GC and HPLC). The course consists of a combination of taught advanced level modules and individual research projects chosen to give a range of hands-on experience. Projects are always designed to tackle real environmental and industrial problems and many are conducted in collaboration with companies.
What will I study?
- A MSc degree/postgraduate diploma consisting of both a taught element and a substantial research project
- Advanced analytical techniques with options in environmental and advanced chemistry modules
- An extended research project
- Transferable skills for analytical chemistry
- Laboratory health and safety
Why Choose Bangor?
- Study at a traditional University established in 1884
- Bangor’s cutting edge research in analytical, environmental and materials chemistry
- The opportunity to gain advanced level skills ona high quality course
- Strong emphasis on links torelated businesses and industries
- The opportunity to study in a friendly department in a unique environment between the mountains
What can I do with this degree?
- Research remediation of polluted land
- Produce new Green catalysts for synthetic chemistry
- Research into the regeneration of slate quarries
- Utilise state-of-the-art computer visualisation facilities to model chemical reactionsin the environment
- Develop improved marine anti-fouling agents
- Bacterial fuel cell development
This school offers programs in:
Career destinations for graduates may include:
- Environmental Consultancy
- Oil and gas monitoring industry
- Journal Editing
- Postgraduate study in Environmental or Chemical related sciences (PhD)
A minimum 2(ii) honours degree in Chemistry or a chemistry-related subject.
Last updated February 10, 2017