Entrepreneurial and innovation-driven firms from mature and emerging economies are increasingly taking advantage of global markets and seeking to improve their international strategies and operations. Therefore, development of entrepreneurial skills, combined with an understanding of the international business environment, are increasingly important for those entering a career in business.
Outline of programme
The programme aims to develop students’ understanding of the global business environment and the factors that should inform both entrepreneurial business decisions and business organisation conducive to experimentation and change. It also develops the analytical and strategic skills needed to set up and manage new enterprises in the national and international contexts and the knowledge required for innovation-based business strategies.
- Entrepreneurial Strategies
- International Business
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Emerging Economies
- International Entrepreneurship
- Strategic Management
- Business Research Methods.
- Economic Environment of Business
- Marketing Management
- International Marketing
- Business Finance
- International Finance
- Intellectual Property Strategy and Management
- Strategic Business Sustainability
- Strategic Global Outsourcing and Offshoring
- Management of Innovation
- Operations Management
- Management Consultancy as Practice.
The taught modules are assessed through a mixture of examinations and coursework. In addition to the taught modules, you will prepare a dissertation which will either be a business plan for an entrepreneurial venture or an investigation with a focus on entrepreneurship.
This degree is aimed at students who either wish to set up their own businesses or further develop existing entrepreneurial businesses especially in the context of international opportunities and threats. It is also a suitable first step for students who wish to pursue research or academic careers in entrepreneurship or international business.
One of the following:
- A good UK honours degree (minimum lower second class)
- Equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University.
As well as:
- Two professional references – at least one must be from an academic referee
- An official academic transcript of your university grades to date
- A completed application form.
For International Students:
- An official academic transcript, with an official English translation, of your university grades to date
- International students whose native language is not English will also need to satisfy our English language requirements with one of the following:
- TOEFL Internet Based Test score of 93 overall, with a minimum score of 22 in speaking, 19 in listening, 26 in writing and 18 in reading. Please note that TOEFL scores are subject to terms and conditions.
- IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and speaking and 6 in listening and reading).
Pre-sessional English language programmes are available for good applicants whose English qualification falls just short of these requirements.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 30, 2018