MSc Energy Systems and Thermal Processes is designed to equip graduates and practising engineers with an in-depth understanding of the fundamental issues of energy thrift and environmental consequences of the irrational use of energy resources in the industrial and commercial sectors. This degree programme is one of a set of postgraduate programmes designed by Cranfield University and offered at Muscat University. This is a dual degree programme, leading to the award of a Cranfield University degree and also a Muscat University degree.
The MSc in Energy Systems and Thermal Processes aims to:
- Furnish students with the up to date technical knowledge and skills required for achieving better management of energy.
- Enhance students’ knowledge of designing of energy efficient systems and processes and the reduction and control of pollution cost-effectively.
- Prepare students for a successful career as energy professionals in a wide range of industries, consultancies, research organisations and local and central government departments.
- A UK 2nd class honours degree or its equivalent.
- Applications from candidates with lesser qualifications but with considerable relevant working experience will be considered.
- A minimum English language proficiency level equivalent to IELTS 6.5. (with a minimum of 6.5 in the writing component).
- Duration: 1 year / 2 years
- Study type: Full -Time / Part-Time
- Credit hours: 200
- Assessment: Taught modules 40%, Group projects 20%, (or dissertation for part time students) Individual project 40%
See 5 more programs offered by Muscat University »
This course is
1 - 2 years