This Electrical & Electronic Engineering programme from Sheffield Hallam University will help you gain the up-to-date knowledge and skills required of modern electrical and electronic engineers, with an emphasis on hands-on learning.
- Gain an understanding of the concepts and methods that are used in today's electrical and electronic systems.
- Acquire the skills necessary for their design, development and maintenance.
- Learn to use dedicated hardware to implement the concepts studied and to adapt these to real-world scenarios.
The course is built around core technical modules in combination with project-based activities. This lays the foundation for a course of study that can be designed to meet specific needs, whether these are for a particular career or in academia. On the two-year work experience route, the course offers useful placement opportunities.
This course prepares you for a career in
- Senior management in a range of engineering fields
- Higher levels of study such as academic research
- Digital Electronic System Design
- Electrical Energy Systems
- Group Project - International Product Development
- Modern Electric Systems
- Project And Dissertation
- Systems On Chip (Soc) Architectures And Prototyping
- An honours degree in an appropriate science or engineering subject, usually at least second-class, or
- Suitable professional qualifications in a field appropriate to engineering, or
- A degree in any relevant discipline plus at least one year of relevant industrial experience, or
- A diploma in a technological area, with at least three years of relevant experience.
Level of English language capability
- IELTS 6 or equivalent with a minimum of 5.5 in all tasks.
Additional information for EU/International students
If you are an International or non-UK European student, you can find out more about the country-specific qualifications we accept on our international qualifications page.
For details of English language entry requirements (IELTS), please see the information for 'All students'.
- Home/EU: £7,420 for the course
- International: £13,905 or £15,660 (with work experience) for the course
About the School
Sheffield Hallam University is a welcoming community of students and staff from more than 120 countries. We offer exceptional teaching across 700 programmes at foundation, undergraduate, postgraduate ... Read More