Faculty of Graduate Studies
The Electrical Power Engineering Master Program aims in general to develop the knowledge and experience of the students in the field of electrical power engineering that leads to developing the electrical energy sector in Palestine through keeping up with the development in this important field.
The sub-objectives of the program:
- Create distinctive competencies in the field of electric power engineering capable of development, offering consultations and training for engineers and technicians.
- Provide an opportunity for students to keep up with developments in the Technology of Electrical Power Engineering and make use of them in the development ofthe energy sector in Palestine.
- Meet the request of many Palestinian engineers and support the national economy by providing the opportunity to enroll in the graduate study and get a master degree in the field of electric power engineering locally instead of traveling abroad.
- Development and improvement of the academic and educational level at An-Najah National University in the field of electrical engineering
- Encourage the scientific research among students.
- Encourage lifelong learning and pursue continuous education.
- Encourage development and career advancement for students, and engineers working at institutions, companies and Universities.
- Equipment: Different equipment related to power generation, transmission lines, power factor correction, protection, power electronics, DC drive AC drive.
- Labs Teaching Manual is available for students.
- Acquired skills: study the parallel operation procedure, the behavior of TL under different load conditions, power systems protection, power factor correction by using capacitors and synchronous compensators. Study different experiments related to power electronics, DC drive AC drive.
The program has a cooperation agreement with the Northern Electric Distribution Company. This agreement allows students to visit different sites of the company, use different facilities, and cooperate in preparing and discussion of the student Thesis.
Teaching and Learning
Teaching and learning methods adopted in this program include lectures, seminars, course projects, student presentations, and home works. All of these include modern technology methods such as modern software, powerpoint and etc.
Coursework and Assessment
Assessment criteria include: Exams (first, second and final), course projects by using modern software, home works and presentations.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 12, 2018