In the master programme in Education and Child Studies students can choose a specialisation in one of the sub disciplines of Education and Child Studies. All specialisations prioritize the students’ academic education.
- Applied Neuroscience in Human Development
- Child and Family Science
- Clinical Child and Adolescent Studies / Orthopedagogiek
- Digital Media in Human Development
- Educational Science
- Forensic Family Science / Forensische gezinspedagogiek
- Learning Problems and Impairments
- Special Needs Children in Education / Kinderen met leer- en gedragsproblemen in het onderwijs
The master programme in Education and Child Studies is an academic programme that focuses on the link between theory, research and practice. Students are taught to seek evidence based solutions to problems occurring in child rearing and education. Students choose a specialisation from the start. All specialisations have one course in common, a course on the practice of empirical research. The rest of the year is spent deepening the students’ scientific knowledge in the field of their choice, doing an internship and completing a master’s project in which students carry out their own research and prepare a written report of their research project.
EU/EEA, Dutch (including Netherlands Antilles), Swiss or Surinamese: around €1,984.
Other: around €16,400.
If you would like to know more, please get in touch or visit the programme introduction page on our website: http://en.mastersinleiden.nl/programmes/education-and-child-studies/en/introduction.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 12, 2017