A graduate with a master’s degree in the field of Economics, specialisation in Agribusiness, has a wide knowledge of economics, marketing, socioeconomic policy, agri-food policy and economic law. Their education guarantees the necessary qualifications to make designs, provide advisory services and make rational decisions related with the acquisition and use of resources
by business entities and other institutions and to run a business, especially in food economics.
How to apply for studies
The course, which will start in October 2013, will comprise 900 hours of lectures, classes and seminars.
The course of study in the field of Economics, specialisation in Agribusiness, takes four terms. To apply for the study candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in at least one of the following fields of studies: Economics, Finances and Accounting or Management or related fields of studies. Candidates must have essential knowledge and skills in mathematics and economics at the academic level.
Candidates do not have to take examinations to be admitted. Applications are sent to the Faculty Recruitment Board, which qualifies candidates for students upon their grades received during the studies for the bachelor’s degree.
In the process of education the students should achieve the following skills:
- the knowledge and understanding of economic processes and related theories,
- the knowledge and understanding of the rules of effective resource management in economic processes,
- the knowledge and understanding how to use advanced analytical methods for investigation of economic phenomena and processes and modelling their course,
- the knowledge of global and local conditions of food economics and their economic and social importance,
- the knowledge and understanding of the specificity of food production and distribution and the economic and organisational consequences of this specificity,
- the ability to notice and formulate research problems and to apply selected research methods in economic issues, especially those which are related with food economics,
- the ability to plan, prepare and present a research
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 30, 2018