MSc Econometrics and Operations Research: Econometrics (full-time)
The Econometrics track looks at three major areas:
• statistical analysis of economic data
• finance – including financial theory
• asset liability management
What will you learn?
In pensions and investment funds, investors need predictions of how their portfolio will develop over time. Econometrics will give you the tools to predict this for them, making you an extremely valuable human resource in the investment sector. Econometrics will provide you with the know-how to get to grips with new information quickly, in order to be able to solve problems. Fast.
At the end of the track, you will be able to:
• analyse data using statistical and econometric tools
• model future developments based on past data
If you want a career as a top analyst, this track is for you. The skills that you will acquire through Econometrics can also be employed in pension and investment funds. Indeed, any role that requires you to use previous data to model future data, and to predict how a customer’s portfolio will develop over time, would be well served by this track.
Graduates have found positions in:
- governmental institutions
- large corporations
- research institutes, including PhD positions
- analytical firms
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 21, 2018