The design has a transformative effect on the world around us. This impact cuts across culture, business, the environment and the economy. The MSc Design for Business will give you an understanding of this impact and how you can shape it.
- Learn to be an influential team player and develop leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
- A blend of theory and practice see whole systems and approach design strategically.
- Learn to exploit opportunities such as the circular economy model in the creative industries.
- Get to grips with design thinking and see how it's used in business marketing, systems thinking in finance and sustainability.
- Use frameworks for understanding the complexity of organizations.
- Get new perspectives on strategy, innovation and design thinking.
- Use design research methods to help understand and empathize with users.
Design for Business is about how design can change things for the better. Whether it’s culture, the economy, environment or business we’ll show you how.
A study in Dundee - the UK's first UNESCO City of Design
You will study in Dundee, a UNESCO City of Design, a city rich in design heritage, with thriving design industries and huge potential for the future.
V&A Museum of Design Dundee
We've developed the MSc Design for Business in parallel with the Professional Design for Business programme at V&A Museum of Design Dundee.
Our connections with the V&A Dundee along with other creative businesses and networks will give you exposure to influential employees and leaders.
A dynamic learning environment
- A lively environment for developing dynamic designers, managers
and leaders of the future
- Learn from an exceptional team of design professionals and researchers
- The opportunity to be part of a growing international community building on the School’s excellence in design research, industry relationships and a highly connected creative culture
- Knowledge and understanding of design management, enterprise, and entrepreneurship
- Practical design for business skills development
- Frameworks for understanding the complexity of organizations
- An ability to co-create and collaborate with multiple peoples and disciplines, enabling you to become an effective leader in a fast-changing world
- New perspectives on strategy, innovation and design thinking
- Professional mentoring system tailored to your specific project(s)
- Optional placement with a professional business/organization to undertake a major project
We have a proven record in producing design students of the highest caliber and are number 1 in Scotland for Art & Design (The Complete University Guide, 2018).
Graduates could go on to successful careers within professional design and/or management organisations, business enterprises, leadership and management roles in the private, public and voluntary sector, or further their academic study.
Honours Degree at 2.1 or above in an Arts, Humanities, Social Science, or Management related discipline. Applicants with other qualifications or relevant professional experience will also be considered.
English Language Requirement