This Data Analytics with Banking & Finance programme from Sheffield Hallam University will help you to develop the skills you need to become an excellent data analyst, applying your skills to finance, banking and investment.
- Master industry-leading systems such as SAS for statistical data analysis and Hadoop for data storage and processing.
- Learn and apply statistical data modelling, data storage and data mining techniques.
- Gain specific knowledge related to financial services, consultancy, regulation, supervision and compliance.
- Prepare candidates for analytics jobs in financial services with competitive salaries.
On this course, you'll gain a firm handle on data analytics and its role in banking and finance. You'll access real company live data, work with Bloomberg terminals, use cutting-edge software and get excellent real-world experience. The course is designed with industry input, so you're able to hit the ground running as soon as you graduate.
This course prepares you for a career in
- Customer insight analyst
- Credit risk analyst
- Fraud analyst
- Forensic analyst
- Big data architect
- Business intelligence developer
- Digital analyst
- Data scientist
Our previous Big Data Analytics graduates have gone on to work for
- The Bank of England
- INC Research
- Axis Bank
- Advanced-Data Management Project
- Advanced Portfolio Management
- Banking And Financial Markets
- Introduction To Databases And Big Data
- Study Skills And Project Management
Undergraduate degree academic qualification with the classification of 2:2 or equivalent in Computing, Computer Science, Maths or Statistics, Data Analytics, Data Science or other relevant areas, or appropriate work experience.
Applicants who have acquired significant knowledge and skills in data analytics, database design and development using industry-standard platforms and development environments or significant experience in financial technologies would be considered for admission.
If you are an International or non-UK European student, you need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or equivalent.
Additional information for EU/International students
If you are an International or non-UK European student, you can find out more about the country-specific qualifications we accept on our international qualifications page.
For details of English language entry requirements (IELTS), please see the information for 'All students'.
- Home/EU: £7,420 for the course
- International: £13,905 for the course
About the School
Sheffield Hallam University is a welcoming community of students and staff from more than 120 countries. We offer exceptional teaching across 700 programmes at foundation, undergraduate, postgraduate ... Read More