The MSc in Cyber Security and Data Governance Security will teach you about today’s digital world. Through a core focus on critical problem-solving skills, the programme will you ensure you are ready to face the challenges presented in the field of corporate financial management.
This one-year specialist master’s programme covers the fundamentals of data management and cyber security, with a core focus on technology, business and policy. Students will develop their professional skills to meet the ever-changing demands of today’s digital world.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Educate
This provides tutors and students with access to the best collaboration tools, content training and AWS technology for cloud-related learning. Upon graduation, students are fully equipped with the practical skills needed for a technology career. Students also have access to the AWS Educate Job Board for seeking technology jobs and internships.
Accreditations and rankings
The University of Law is the UK's longest-established specialist provider of legal and business education with an employability rate of 97%*. This institute has over 100 years of experience supporting students to build successful careers.
*97% of full-time LPC students that graduated in summer 2014 and 2015 were in employment within nine months.
Who is the programme for?
This course is ideal for anyone wanting to gain in-depth knowledge and critical understanding of key aspects of data management. The course has a strong focus on employability, providing students with the fundamentals needed for a successful career in an ever-changing work environment.
Berlin is an up and coming tech hub and with its diverse population, the perfect location to experience international education. You will get an opportunity to immerse yourself in the vibrant culture Berlin has to offer whilst getting an insight into German businesses such as Sony, Deutsche Bahn and other key corporate players.
How will you learn?
The MSc Data Management and Cyber Security course is delivered in an interactive way with a real-world focus, in order to prepare students for the ever-changing business world after they graduate. In addition to traditional face-to-face learning within the classroom, you will receive core textbooks and various reading materials. Students will also have access to a wealth of online facilities from the Financial Times and other professional bodies. These resources provide a range of sector and business based material which represent live accounting and finance changes and analysis reports. Continuous access to these articles ensures that our students are up-to-date with today’s fast-paced financial industry and therefore prepared professionally for the field.
As a result of the digital revolution, the implications of data security and fraud for companies are profound. Students who take up this course will be trained for any operations or strategic role in businesses that are changing or need to change to a digital model of security. Alternatively, thanks to the specialised focus of this course and its subject areas, students who graduate from this degree will be able to take-up further professional qualifications or a PhD.
Through acquiring crucial data management and cyber skills, you will be presented with a range of opportunities in data management policies, procedures and systems within various organisations. Whether you are wanting to pursue a career in this field, advance in your current job or switch careers, this the programme for you.
GISMA offers flexible payment plans that allow you to spread the costs of your programme fees across six instalments.
In addition, you can opt for monthly instalments. Discounts are available. A deposit of €2,000.00 is required to start.
Core modules include:
- Cyber Security Frameworks
- Cyber Security Landscape
- Data Management
- Research Methods, Professional Development and Dissertation/Project
- Emerging Technologies
- Procurement and SCM
- Partnerships with some of the best educational institutions from around the world
- Programmes with top global rankings – the Grenoble MIB is ranked 20th in the world by the Economist in 2017
- International student cohort with over 40 nationalities represented - expand your network
- Excellent student services such as a dedicated Career Centre, visa support and accommodation team
- Scholarships and flexible payment plans available
- Graduates will be entitled to apply for an 18-month post-study residence permit to take advantage of career opportunities in Germany
- Free German classes
- Programmes taught 100% in English - the language of international communication
- Germany has the 2nd best unemployment rate in the EU, at 3.4%*.
- 4th Best Graduate starting salary at £40,650 in Europe, with a growing economy**.
- Germany is the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe; It is recognised for its high-quality education and you can experience this with GISMA.
- Berlin, Germany’s capital is the start-up technology capital of Europe.
- Berlin is the largest city in the EU and has a thriving business scene, offering a range of job opportunities for young professionals and graduates.
Germany is well known for its rich history in culture and arts, offering students an enriching international experience whilst combining world-class education from our globally ranked partner institutions.
***According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor.
- 2:2 or above from a UK Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent qualifications.
- International requirements - an English Language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- Non-standard entry: non-standard applicants are welcome to apply at GISMA. Applicants without a bachelor's degree may apply if they possess at least 5 years' managerial experience. For more information and details on the non-standard application process please contact us.
About the School
GISMA was proud to announce its partnership with ULaw in 2017. As a result of this cooperation, GISMA is able to offer a range of postgraduate programmes including human resources, marketing and data ... Read More