The MSc Cultural and Creative Industries aims to provide students with a deep theoretical and empirical knowledge of the creative/cultural industries sector. It deals with every branch of the cultural sector: music, cinema, books, the visual arts and the performing arts. It thus prepares the students to careers in the cultural/creative industries.
Why join this programme
At the end of the program, students will be able to develop a career in the creative and cultural industries. They will have the opportunity to meet and collaborate with many professionals in the arts sector. To name a few, the Centre Pompidou, Musée de Rouen, Netflix and Canal+ producers, Editions du Seuil, Editions de la Découverte, Centre National du Cinéma, Believe Music, Warner, Uzik.
5 Good Reasons to Join the Programme
- Develop critical and creative thinking while feeding interest in the cultural and creative industries.
- Discover an original approach focused on the art, including an aesthetic perspective, from rap music to auteur cinema and impressionism, etc.
- Build strong knowledge linking theoretical lectures based on the arts to lectures by highly qualified professionals.
- Immerse into an original pedagogy using new technologies, teamwork and creativity.
- Benefit from an efficient network of alumni working in the cultural industries giving life to an active community.
StockSnap / Pixabay
The program delivers lectures that have both academic and professional backgrounds. It not only focuses on the management of the arts, but it also looks at the economic, social and cultural issues raised by the current transformation of the creative/cultural industries. This is achieved by developing a strategic vision, market research skills, as well as exposure to the leading product digitalisation methods.
Layout of the programme:
This 450- hour programme partakes some core courses and it includes a mandatory professional experience:
- Cultural marketing and digitalization
- Strategies in the arts (arts, market and society)
- The art market in the world
- Music: strategies and opportunities in the digital revolution
- Majors, Independents, Globalisation: the movie industry
- The performing arts: project management and organizational agility
- Value and reputation: how to create value in arts
- Contemporary issues: the publishing industry
- Cultural policies and public cultural institutions
- Intellectual property and contracts in the creative industries
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): innovation for social change in the arts
- Business creation thanks to NEOMA BS incubator
Final dissertation (and oral defence)
A few of the possible jobs to which you can aspire:
- Cinema and TV production
- Sales manager in the cultural industries
- Marketing and communication manager in the cultural industries
- Fundraising and sponsorship
- Executive and administrative positions in artistic institutions (museums, foundations, theatres, etc.)
Examples of internships or jobs:
- Product Manager Interface (TV Canal+)
- Sales assistant Co-production
- Marketing assistant international sales (Wild Bunch)
- Product manager (Centre Beaubourg)
- Category Manager (Glénat Publishing)
- Product Manager (Stock Publishing
- Press & Communications Officer (in a museum)
- Assistant of production 3B Production
- Project manager (Firstage Productions)
- Head of Marketing (Aranametrix)
- Operations officer (Soundcharts)
- Assistant operations E-Commerce (Ubisoft)
- Chargé€ de mission (Fondation Culture & Diversité)
Careers in the arts are vocational and creative. We look for creative and passionate students.
Undoubtedly, if you are to choose this MSc, it is essential to:
- be interested in the arts;
- have a critical perspective and intellectual curiosity.
- 4-year Bachelor degree (Origin of the academic background: economy, business, science)
- Proof of English language ability is required during the application process (TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS 6, etc.)
Recruitment is carried out on a rolling admissions basis. However, given the limited number of places, candidates are advised to apply as early as possible.
Admission is decided on the application to be filled out online.
Application fees: €100
About the School
NEOMA Business School trains passionate people, inspired and inspirational economic players who yearn for meaning, and are fully capable of building tomorrow’s society: the architects of tomorrow. ... Read More