In CSM you focus on management/governance of such highly complex security challenges as privacy, terrorism, or cyber-attacks: their social and political impacts, the diminishing role of national authorities, and new developments such as social media.
What does this master programme entail?
You study contemporary security challenges from both local and global pointsof view and gain deep understanding of the 'wicked problem' of security and crisis topics in a complex and globalising world. The combination of theory, practical insights and analytical skills prepares you for work in public or private organisations.
You learn from members of the Institute of Security & Global Affairs plus guest lecturers from many fields and organisations.
Reasons to choose CSM at Leiden University
This MSc programme offers you unique multidisciplinary perspectives on the governance of security and crisis.
- Study the political dynamics of security;
- Combine theory, practical insights and analytical skills;
- Become a critical and creative security professional;
- Study in The Hague, international city of peace and justice, home to many governmental/ NGO's concerned with security issues;
Is CSM the right programme for you?
- Are you driven to read the news each morning, fascinated by current events and their follow-on developments?
- Can you think critically about complex societal issues?
- Are you interested in combining a variety of academic perspectives and applying them to real-life issues?
- Do you want to contribute to the discussion and practices around crisis and security management?
- Are you able to form an informed opinion and communicate it clearly to a variety of audiences?
Then this is the programme for you!
Admission and Application
Do you want to apply for this master’s programme at Leiden University? Find out how to apply for your programme by following the step-by-step guide in the application and admission section:
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 2, 2018