MASTER DEGREE OPEN DAY
8 MAY 2017
AULA MAGNA RETTORATO (Banchi di Sotto, 55 - Siena)
FROM 9 AM TO 7 PM
The presentation will be streamed live on the University portal at http://live.unisi.it/
On Monday, 8th May 2017, the doors will open at Siena University in order to discover the University's Master Degree programmes.
Starting at 9 am in the Aula Magna of the Palazzo del Rettorato, the Presidents of the Teaching Committees for Study Courses and the Deputies for Vocational Guidance and Counselling Services will present the range of advanced courses of the University of Siena.
If you have just completed a three-year degree programme and you wish to specialise, the Open Day is an opportunity to discover your path within a wide offer of training courses which includes 29 master degree programmes, including 13 in English, and which ranges from humanities to sciences.
The English graduate programmes will be presented in English.
The presentation will be streamed live on the University portal at http://live.unisi.it/ During the event, you will also be able to contact the tutor students in attendance by Skype for explanations and information at the following accounts: unisi.orientamento unisi.orientamento2
ENVIRONMENT, BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY, PHARMACY, GEOLOGY
from 03:00 to 03:45 pm Presentation of the Master degree courses by the Study Course Presidents and by the Vocational Guidance and Counselling Services Department Deputies:
from 03:45 to 04:15 pm Presentation of the Master degree courses by the Study Course Presidents and by the Vocational Guidance and Counselling Services Department Deputies:
from 04:15 to 05:00 pm Presentation of the Master degree courses by the Study Course Presidents and by the Vocational Guidance and Counselling Services Department Deputies:
- Ecotoxicology and Environmental Sustainability
- Geosciences and Applied Geology
- Language: English (Level B2 required)
- Numerus clausus: No
The Master Degree prepares students with an advanced knowledge and skills in the most important areas of Chemistry (Physical, Inorganic, Organic and Biochemistry). These studies will prepare the student for a wide range of professional activities as well as continued doctoral studies. Lessons are complemented with specific lectures on subjects related to chemistry for life science or for sustainable development. The second year activity includes with 300 hours of internship in companies working in all fields of chemistry. The students complete their studies by participating in a high level research project (6-8 months) within international research groups at the University of Siena or other public or private institutions. Students have the opportunity to apply for an international double degree.
Study Plan 2015/16
- Advanced Physical Chemistry (I e II mod.) 12 ECTF
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry (I e II mod.) 12 ECTF
- Advanced Organic Chemistry (I e II mod.) 12 ECTF
- Advanced Analytical Chemistry 6 ECTF
- Advanced Biological Chemistry 6 ECTF
- Due insegnamenti(per un tot di 12 ECTF) da scegliere all’interno del gruppo 1 o del gruppo 2: Gruppo 1 (Chemistry for life): Bioorganic Chemistry 6; Metabolomics 6, Protein crystallography 6, Surface Chemistry and Nanomaterials 6, Elements of Computational Organic Spectroscopy 6 Gruppo 2 (Chemistry for sustainable development): Neutraceutical and Food Chemistry 6; Industrial Biotechnology 6; Environmental Spectroscopy 6
- Attività a scelta dello studente 12 ECTF
- Un insegnamento da scegliere all’interno del gruppo 1 o del gruppo 2:
Gruppo 1 (Chemistry for life): Metal-based drugs 6, Informatics for chemistry and biology 6, Biophysical Chemistry 6
Gruppo 2 (Chemistry for sustainable development): Sustainable and efficient energy 6, Green Chemistry and Catalysis 6,NMR applications for Food Chemistry 6, Remediation of contaminated sites 6
- Health and Safety Safeguard in the Working Environment 1 ECTF
- Internship in a Company/in a research lab 11 ECTF
- Experimental project for final dissertation 30 ECTF
In order to apply to the 2016/17 academic year you will have to send all your documents to the Academic Committee of the course you are interested in for the evaluation and you will be able to do that (approx. from mid January 16 on) through an online platform that you will find at this link:
For second cycle (laurea magistrale) degree programs taught in English (documents must be submitted in English)
- evaluation form (please note: the form must be completed in all parts)
- curriculum vitae
- transcript of records of the first cycle degree possessed
- certificate of proficiency in English, with language level
- copy of passport or identity card
Tuition fee for the MSc courses can be up to around 2000 euros per academic year but part of the fee is based on your family income and students are required to produce an official declaration of the economic status of the family unit for the previous year issued by the home country tax office, legally translated into Italian with the Embassy/Consulate duty stamps.
Tuition fees have to be paid in three different moments: the first part when you complete the enrolment procedure, the second in January, the third part in May.
Scholarship and accommodation
Scholarship and accomodation are not granted by the University itself but by the DSU and are based on family income and merit. Call for scholarship and accomodation is usually out in the month each year so we advice you should keep an eye on their website www.dsu-toscana.it
International Place - Sportello integrato internazionale
Università di Siena
Via Banchi di Sotto, 55 53100 - Siena (Italia)
Tel. +39 0577 232293/2034 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Fan Page: International Place Università di Siena
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 20, 2017