Corporate responsibility and sustainability have become significant issues for a wide range of organisations and for the managers who work within them. A broad range of reasons underpins this increase in significance, such as high-profile corporate scandals; a growing need to demonstrate accountability, transparency and sustainability; a decreasing tolerance for corporate excess and irresponsibility; as well as the need to protect corporate reputation and to develop brand loyalty and competitive advantage.
The MSc Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding, to stimulate critical thinking and to practise problem-focused decision-making on a range of economic, social and environmental issues that affect the operation of contemporary organisations. It will be of benefit to those individuals who either have already acquired an appreciation of corporate responsibility and sustainability through their career and wish to develop further insights into this subject, or those who have limited knowledge of the subject and wish to develop their understanding and appreciation of it or use the knowledge gained to embark on a career in this sector.
Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management. Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sports management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
We offer students of all ages and backgrounds a chance to study either part-time or full-time in our department and to gain an internationally recognised University of London qualification.
Why study this course at Birkbeck?
- Designed to link theory and practice by building on Birkbeck’s renowned quality teaching and expertise in the delivery of part-time education. Since many Birkbeck students work, this programme brings together those with relevant experience and an interest in developing further.
- Designed for those wishing to engage critically with the issues of business and society, those wishing to be involved professionally in corporate responsibility and sustainability sector, and those wishing to continue for a PhD in this area.
- Teaching is underpinned by research work at the London Centre for Corporate Governance and Ethics.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available. You will also have access to the Birkbeck Library and e-Library where you can obtain books and journal articles that are required for your studies.
Careers and employability
This programme provides graduates with qualifications that are relevant and central in most contemporary business contexts in firms, business associations and government agencies.
Cost & Fees
- Part-time home/EU students: £ 5225 pa
- Full-time home/EU students: £ 10450 pa
- Part-time overseas students: £ 7975 pa
- Full-time overseas students: £ 15950 pa
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 30, 2018