This programme is a response to the growing demand from the construction and property industry for flexible professionals capable of strategic thinking and a creative response to volatile economic conditions. Planning and controlling the allocation of resources, and the detailed matching of design and production to the needs of the market for built space, are at the core of the construction and property industries.
This programme enables students to develop analytical, technical and managerial skills and prepares them for leadership roles in the construction and property industries. The structure allows consideration of both the theory and applications of economics, finance and management in the context of construction projects and portfolios. The emphasis of this programme is on the presentation and communication of workable solutions to complex problems.
- Construction Economics (20 credits)
- Construction Management (20 credits)
- Development Economics and Planning (20 credits)
- MSc Dissertation (Built Environment) (40 credits)
- Applied Construction Management (20 credits)
- Risk Management (20 credits)
- Research Methods (20 credits)
Students are required to choose 20 credits from this list of options.
- Building Rehabilitation & Pathology (20 credits)
- Project Management (20 credits)
- Delivering Sustainable Built Environments (20 credits)
- Passive Design (20 credits)
- Applied Project Management (20 credits)
- Property Asset Management (20 credits)
- Real Estate Development & Investment (20 credits)
- Applicants should have: An honours degree or an equivalent qualification in a built environment discipline, such as civil engineering, construction, surveying or architecture PLUS corporate membership of an appropriate design, property or construction profession. * Applicants with other first degrees are considered on an individual basis.
About the School
Greenwich has scooped top spot in the London league table for student satisfaction, for the second year running. In the latest Sunday Times University Guide league table, published on 12 September, th ... Read More