This intensive programme in computing provides a good grounding for working in the information technology industry. As well as gaining a broad knowledge of computing, you will acquire programming skills and have the opportunity to investigate certain areas of current research more deeply. The degree is designed for graduates who are new to computer science.
Why study this course at Birkbeck?
- Designed for graduates of subjects other than computing who would like to embark on a career in IT.
- Also ideal if you are working on IT and want to update your skills and place them in a broader context while obtaining a formal qualification.
- Accredited as partially meeting the requirements for Chartered IT Professional (CITP) by the British Computer Society.
- You will have 24-hour access to several laboratories of networked PCs with a range of language compilers, database and other application software. We are connected, via the SuperJANET network, to the computers of other academic institutions in London, elsewhere in the UK and abroad.
Careers and employability
Graduates go on to careers in application development, software engineering, information systems management, consultancy and research. We regularly publish career-related information on our website.
Cost & Fees
- Part-time home/EU students: £ 3975 pa
- Full-time home/EU students: £ 7950 pa
- Part-time overseas students: £ 7225 pa
- Full-time overseas students: £ 14450 pa
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 19, 2018