This two-year master’s programme offers stimulating, significant and innovative research at an internationally renowned institute and combines theoretical, experimental and applied approaches.
What does this Master’s programme entail?
The Computer Science master's programme offers six specialisations that combine excellent theoretical teaching with possibilities for applied work with industrial relevance. This is achieved by intensive collaboration with companies at the Leiden Centre of Data Science. Course themes include topics such as Evolutionary Algorithms, Neural Networks, Databases and Data Mining, Swarm-Based Computation, Bayesian Networks, Multimedia Systems, Embedded Systems and Software, Advanced Compilers and Architectures, Bio-Modeling and Petri Nets.
Why study Computer Science at Leiden University?
- Interdisciplinary research opportunities, as well as industrial applications, provide you with exciting possibilities. The industrial application areas and interdisciplinary activities include, among others: Bioinformatics and Life Sciences, Medicine, Pharma, Physics, Engineering Applications, Logistics Applications, Energy and Utility related Applications and Financial Applications.
- You will benefit from our diverse collaborations and the possibilities for internships and projects with our partners such as BMW, ING and Strukton.
- You have ample of opportunities to assemble your own study path: an individually tailored programme will be designed for each student.
- Computer Science and Advanced Data Analytics
- Computer Science and Education
- Computer Science and Science Communication and Society
- Computer Science and Business Studies
- Data Science: Computer Science
Computer Science: the right Master’s programme for you?
The programme is open for students with an internationally recognized bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent. You will be trained as an independent researcher, equipped with the necessary skills to advance your career as a computer scientist.
Admission and application
Do you want to apply for the master’s programme Computer Science at Leiden University? Find out how to apply for your programme by following the step-by-step guide in the application and admission section:
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 2, 2018