25% Tuition fee discount if paid by the end of April 2018 + 5% Extra for 2 instalments
- The only psychotherapeutic CBT programme in Greece at Master’s level.
- Graduates are eligible to apply for registration with the British Association of Cognitive & Behavioural Psychotherapy (BABCP, Level 2).
- Meets the academic standards for registration with the Hellenic Counselling Society and the European Association for Counselling (EAC)
- Includes 320 hours of clinical practice and in-house supervision.
- Includes the most contemporary CBP methods (Mindfulness-Based CBP, Schema Therapy, Compassion-Focused Therapy).
The MSc Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (Adult) is an innovative postgraduate programme that is unique in Greece and provides a professional training in Cognitive/ Behavioural Therapy. Through a variety of teaching and assessment methods, it prepares students to become independent Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapists.
The programme has been designed by the University of Derby according to the criteria of the British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP), based on which postgraduate programmes are being accredited.
Email a picture or scan of your school or univeristy transcipt for quick entry evalauation: email@example.com
The programme is addressed to:
- University or College graduates with a first degree in Psychology or a Social Sciences discipline and proven professional or psychotherapeutic experience in health or social care
- Holders of professional certificates with professional or psychotherapeutic experience in health or social care
Requirements for registration:
- Copy of the latest studies certificate *
- Copy of professional certificates (if any)
- CV (in English)
- Reference Letters (2)
- Very good knowledge of English (IELTS 7.0 level or equivalent) **
- Academic interview
- Photos (4)
- Copy of ID-card/ passport
- Copy of criminal record
*Candidates without a first degree are also encouraged to apply for the programme. Factors like the possession of other professional qualifications, proven experience in Counselling and commitment to continuing personal & professional development, may contribute to the admission to the programme.
**Candidates without official English language certificates can sit the English language placement test of Mediterranean College.
Structure & Content
The MSc Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (Adult) consists of four 20-credit modules, one 40-credit module and a diploma thesis of 60 credits. The programme covers theories and research related to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, while enabling students to gain the necessary skills to apply them in a wide spectrum of disorders (depression, anxiety, fear, posttraumatic stress, eating disorders etc.). Students complete their theoretical training with a compulsory, supervised clinical placement of 320 hours (70 hours of supervision).
They are also encouraged to engage in individual therapy.
|Year 1/ PG Certificate||Year 2/ PG Diploma||Year 3/ Master’s||Year 3/ Master’s|
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Fundamentals of Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy||Cognitive Behavioural Specialist Practice||Ethics law and research in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy||Independent Scholarship|
|Cognitive Behavioural Professional Requirements||Cognitive Behavioural Professional Requirements||Cognitive Behavioural Advanced Practice and Professional Requirements||Cognitive Behavioural Advanced Practice and Professional Requirements|
Teaching & Learning
Teaching and learning are practical and experiential in nature and includes:
- Experiential & problem-solving exercises
- Case study discussions & debates
- Group assignments
- Individual research
- Clinical practice
Τhe programme focuses on the personal and professional development of students, who:
- Are provided with a comprehensive training in the most recent theories and techniques of CBT approach based on research findings.
- Develop their understanding of the theoretical, social, cultural, ideological framework of each case, via which the individual understands and manages his problems.
- Study the importance of ethics, legal and ethical implications of the code of practice as well as how to deal appropriately with ethical dilemmas in psychotherapy.
- Consider the significance of research in counselling and psychotherapy and become familiar with the qualitative and quantitative research.
- Develop self-awareness, self-reflection, and reflexivity.
- Study and analyze the most prominent approaches and techniques of CBT and the proper use of clinical supervision.
The College has a wide network of partner institutions, thus supporting students in finding the most appropriate place for their clinical practice and/ or individual therapy.Why choose this course
- The Mediterranean is the College with the most experience and expertise in Greece in the delivery of higher education courses in Psychology and Counselling and offers study options at multiple levels: from Level 5 Higher National Diploma to Level 7 Master’s Degrees.
- The University of Derby (Guardian University Guide 2017) is a TOP-50 UK University and in the TOP-10 for student employability. This stems from constantly developing the curriculum as directed by employers, professional and accreditation bodies.
- It is the only psychotherapeutic programme in Greece that combines an academic title (Master) with the CBT psychotherapeutic approach, creating opportunities for graduates to develop as professionals in the private or academic sector.
- The course has been designed by the University of Derby according to the criteria of the British Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapy (BABCP – level 2), based on which postgraduate programmes are being accredited.
- Upon successful completion of the course, graduates will be able to work as self-employed practitioners accredited by the BABCP or/and the Hellenic Counselling Association (conditions apply).
- Includes the most contemporary CBP methods, such as Mindfulness-Based CBP, Schema Therapy, Compassion-Focused Therapy formulated by Professor Paul Gilbert (Head of the Mental Health Research Unit and Lecturer at the University of Derby).
- This programme is an MSc (Master of Science) and not an MA (Master of Arts), which makes it less theoretical and more practical.
- The course includes 320 hours of compulsory, supervised clinical practice and students are supported by the School in finding an appropriate setting. The College offers in-house supervision of clinical practice for a nominal fee.
- The student learning experience is further enhanced through the School of Psychology activities.
- All academic staff is accredited lecturers of the University of Derby for every module they teach. Mediterranean College implements an integrated system of recruitment, assessment and continuing professional development of academic staff so that students receive excellent teaching and personal support to develop their social and professional skills.
- The School of Psychology offers students the opportunity to attend – alongside their studies – specialized seminars on the use of psychometric tools, in partnership with ISON Psychometrica (a leading company in Greece). Students can also attend certified training courses in Counselling, Psychotherapy and Clinical Diagnosis – Evaluation.
Further Study & Career
Graduates of this programme may apply for registration with the British Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapy (BABCP) and the Hellenic Association for Counselling (EES). They have the ability to work as independent CBT counsellors – psychotherapists in a range of counselling settings:
- Counselling services & centres
- Community support & social welfare units
- Humanitarian and development NGOs
- Health sector settings
- Private practice as counsellors – psychotherapists
Alternatively, they can continue their studies towards a PhD or PsyD.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 29, 2018