- Duration: 1-year full time
- Start date: January 2021
- Apply by: 1 month before the course start date (UK applicants), 2 months before the course start date (International applicants)
- Top 10 in the UK for Business and Economics (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020)
- 3rd in the UK for annual research income in 2015-2019 (Chartered Association of Business Schools)
Learn about key perspectives for success in managing organisations.
Management is the lifeblood of any organisation. Understanding the processes through which organisations develop, transform and achieve results is the core of management studies. Our MSc challenges your way of thinking – and teaches you to handle strategic situations holistically.
You’ll be based at the University of Sussex Business School. The School collaborates across disciplines to shape global issues in business, management and society, making an impact on policy, practice and people. Our strength is in managing innovation at the interface of business and society while focusing on sustainable strategies and policies.
We’ll help you to become a business leader who can deliver innovative solutions to business problems. You’ll develop essential personal and professional skills, including:
- Critical thinking.
The University of Sussex Business School is accredited by EQUIS, the most comprehensive institutional accreditation system for business and management schools. Accreditation ensures rigorous quality control, benchmarking against international standards and is acknowledged worldwide.
|We have reviewed all our courses to ensure the best possible learning experience for September, taking account of the latest information and advice in relation to COVID-19. For updates on changes that may affect contact time, assessments, fieldwork and study abroad, check Course changes for 2020-2021. These changes are not yet reflected in the prospectus information here and, of course, may be revised as the situation evolves.|
- You should have a lower second-class (2.2) undergraduate honours degree or above.
- Your qualification can be on any subject. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
English language requirements
- IELTS (Academic): Standard level (6.5 overall, including at least 6.0 in each component).
English language support
- If you don’t meet the English language requirements for your degree, you may be able to take a pre-sessional course
Admissions information for applicants
How to apply
- You apply to Sussex using our postgraduate application system.
- Yes. You must submit a personal statement as part of your application.
These modules are running in the academic year 2020/21. However, there may be changes to these modules due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. It may not be possible to take some module combinations due to timetabling constraints. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
Core modules are taken by all students on the course. They give you a solid grounding in your chosen subject and prepare you to explore the topics that interest you most.
- Accounting for Decision Makers in Management and Finance
- Business Analysis and Consulting
- Ethics and Organisations: Responsibility and Justice
- Managing Human Resources
- Strategic Management (Business & Management)
- International Marketing in the Contemporary Environment
- Management, Innovation and Organisational Performance
- Organisational Behaviour, Leadership and Change
Alongside your core modules, you can choose options to broaden your horizons and tailor your course to your interests. This list gives you a flavour of our options, which are kept under review and may change, for example in response to student feedback or the latest research.
While it’s our aim for students to take their preferred combinations of options, this can’t be guaranteed and will be subject to timetabling. Options may be grouped and if so, students will be able to choose a set number of options from the selection available in any particular group.
This course is currently subject to validation, in line with our procedures for assuring the quality of our degrees. This means that some course detail may change. The validation process will be concluded before the course starts.
Fees and scholarships
- UK/EU students: £12,450 per year for full-time students
- The Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £12,450 per year for full-time students
- International students: £22,500 per year for full-time students
How can I fund my course?
Postgraduate Masters loans
You can borrow up to £11,222 to help with fees and living costs if your course starts on or after 1 August 2020. Loans are available from the Student Loans Company if you’re from the UK or if you’re an EU national studying for a Masters.
Our aim is to ensure that every student who wants to study with us is able to despite financial barriers so that we continue to attract talented and unique individuals.
Working while you study
Our Careers and Employability Centre can help you find part-time work while you study.
Career planning is an integral part of this MSc. We offer guidance in thinking about your career objectives and help you present yourself to potential employers with confidence. You also attend a series of guest lectures and events with access to potential employers.
This course opens up a wide range of career opportunities in strategic or operational management across private, public and not-for-profit sectors. This could include roles such as:
- Management consultancy
- Business analysis
- Innovation management
- Operations management
- Managing human resources.
Problem-solving is at the core of your learning experience on this course. One of the dissertation options offers small groups of students the opportunity to prepare a consultancy project for a business.
About the School
At the University of Sussex Business School we seek to address some of the key challenges facing the modern world, from climate change to the evolving world of work. We are Top 10 in the UK for Busin ... Read More