MSc Business and Management
The MSc in Business and Management is appropriate for graduates whose undergraduate degree is from a non-business subject area. This programme provides a comprehensive focus on key areas of business education and will therefore complement a first degree for students of engineering, the sciences and humanities.
Outline of programme
Core modules taught on this MSc will enable you to develop a wide range of business and transferable skills and knowledge demanded by graduate employers. These include interpreting financial statements, developing marketing and pricing strategies, and understanding strategy and innovation processes. The wide range of elective modules available on this programme enables students to develop skills across a range of business functions including Marketing, HR, Finance and Operations. Complete outlines for all compulsory and elective modules are available online.
- Accounting for Non-Financial Managers
- People and World Organisations
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Applied Research Methods.
- Management of Innovation
- Economic Environment of Business
- Entrepreneurial Strategies
- International Business Strategy
- Business Finance
- International Finance
- International Marketing Management
- Marketing Channels and Strategic Sales Force Management
- International Operations
- Managing Multi-Organisation Enterprises
- Quality Management
- Strategic Global Outsourcing and Offshoring.
The taught modules are assessed through a mixture of examinations and coursework. The taught element of the programme is complemented by a substantial piece of research leading to the completion of the programme. You should ensure that your choice of elective modules is consistent with your intended dissertation topic area.
This programme prepares you for a wide range of professional and management careers across sectors including accountancy, marketing, operations, HR and strategic management. Recent jobs taken by graduates of this course include; Senior Business Analyst -Lloyds TSB (UK), Marketing Adviser - Exxon Mobil (Nigeria), Graduate Trainee (Business) - BT (UK), Graduate Supply Chain Analyst – Smurfit Kappa (Birmingham, UK), Account Development Manager - Coors Brewery and Production Analyst - Nike.
One of the following:
- A good UK honours degree (minimum lower second class)
- Equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University.
As well as:
- Two professional references – at least one must be from an academic referee
- An official academic transcript of your university grades to date
- A completed application form.
For International Students:
- An official academic transcript, with an official English translation, of your university grades to date
- International students whose native language is not English will also need to satisfy our English language requirements with one of the following:
- TOEFL Internet Based Test score of 93 overall, with a minimum score of 22 in speaking, 19 in listening, 26 in writing and 18 in reading. Please note that TOEFL scores are subject to terms and conditions.
- IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and speaking and 6 in listening and reading).
Pre-sessional English language programmes are available for good applicants whose English qualification falls just short of these requirements.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 10, 2017