MSc Business Intelligence and Analytics
The MSc Business Intelligence and Analytics course is designed for those who have a numerical background and want to develop their understanding of data management and cybersecurity. The practical programme will allow participants to gain skills in applying correct statistical techniques for decision making and more importantly, communicate findings in a non-technical way that is easier to understand.
The programme provides specialist knowledge to become competent in predictive analytics, explore new tools available in the industry and hone your skills in the science of decision making. Students additionally have the chance to work with professional bodies and employers, as well as undertaking entrepreneurial activities, to further strengthen employability following graduation.
Accreditations and rankings
The University of Law is the UK's longest-established specialist provider of legal and business education with an employability rate of 97%*. This institute has over 100 years of experience supporting students to build successful careers.
*97% of full-time LPC students that graduated in summer 2014 and 2015 were in employment within nine months.
Who is the programme for?
This course has a strong focus on employability and is perfect for those looking to kick-start their career in the field of data management and cybersecurity in an industry of their choice. Berlin is an up and coming business hub and with its diverse population, the perfect location to experience international education. You will get an opportunity to immerse yourself in the vibrant culture Berlin has to offer whilst getting an insight into German businesses such as Sony, Deutsche Bahn and other key corporate players.
- A boutique business school - tailored approach to students
- AMBA Accreditation since 2011 with some triple-accredited partners which only 1% of the world’s elite business schools receive
- Programmes with top global rankings – the MIB is ranked 20th in the world by the Economist in 2017
- International student cohort with over 40 nationalities represented
- Scholarships, flexible payment plans and early-bird discounts available
- Perfect city centre locations in Berlin
- Free German classes and 100% in English
- Germany has the 2nd best unemployment rate in the EU, at 3.4%*
- 4th Best Graduate starting salary at £40,650 in Europe, with a growing economy**
- Germany is the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe; It is recognised for its high-quality education and you can experience this with GISMA***.
- Berlin, Germany’s capital is the start-up technology capital of Europe
- Berlin is the second-largest city in the EU and has a thriving business scene, offering a range of job opportunities for young professionals and graduates.
Germany is well known for its rich history in culture and arts, offering students an enriching international experience whilst combining world-class education from our globally ranked partner institutions.
***According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor.
How will you learn?
The MSc Business Intelligence and Analytics course is delivered in an interactive way with a real-world focus, in order to prepare students for the ever-changing business world after they graduate. In addition to traditional face-to-face learning within the classroom, you will receive core textbooks and various reading materials. Students will also have access to a wealth of online facilities from the Financial Times and other professional bodies. These resources provide a range of sector and business based material which represent live accounting and finance changes and analysis reports. Continuous access to these articles ensures that our students are up-to-date with today’s fast-paced financial industry and therefore prepared professionally for the field.
Gaining a Masters in Business Intelligence and Analytics can open the door to careers in business, data management, cybersecurity and various other industries where reliance is on data-driven decision making, predictive analysis and data discovery visualisation. Your strong numerical skills with the ability to apply correct statistical techniques for decision making will be highly valued by employers. Students who graduate from this degree may also consider CMI postgraduate qualifications, an MBA or PhD.
Our dedicated Career Development Centre will help students fulfil their career goals through a variety of specialised services, and establishes long-lasting relationships with alumni and employers.
GISMA offers flexible payment plans that allow you to spread the costs of your programme fees across three instalments.
In addition, you can opt for monthly instalments. Discounts are available. A deposit of €2,000.00 is required to start.
- 2:2 or above from a UK Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent qualifications
- International requirements - an English Language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- Non-standard entry: non-standard applicants are welcome to apply at GISMA. Applicants without a bachelor's degree may apply if they possess at least 5 years' managerial experience. For more information and details on the non-standard application process please contact us.