MSc Business Information Systems
The MSc Business Information Systems course is designed for those who require a broad overview of business information applications and technical knowledge of applied programming, secure data communications, information management security, financial analysis, data modelling and management, professional project management and business data analysis.
The course covers research methodologies, including ethics, legal aspects and professional applications of business systems development. You will also develop skills in communication, problem solving and teamwork, all of which are invaluable to employers.
There is also a strong focus on the design and development of internet applications. You will have access to our state-of-the-art computer laboratories, which have more than 450 workstations, fi ve servers, dedicated network, Linux and robotics laboratories, as well as an overall ratio of computers to students nearly twice the number recommended by the British Computer Society.
Research is used to underpin all aspects of this Masters course. By 2009 the department had attracted more than 5m of funding from UK and European funding bodies, and the research in the department is going from strength to strength.
Additionally, our Masters courses demonstrate a strong appreciation of industrial and real-life needs. The department has won a number of Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) placements with local companies and, in 2006, we launched the Academic into Business Computing centre (ABC) to provide computing students with work experience in a professional environment.
Why choose this course at Bedfordshire?
- Study an interdisciplinary course that is at the interface of information technology and
- Learn in a friendly environment with state-of-the-art facilities
- Gain valuable experience through our Academic into Business Computing centre
- There are exciting opportunities for professionals or employees wishing to pursue Continuing Professional Development (CPD) via our individual taught modular scheme (Postgraduate Diploma or Certificate)
Why choose this course?
* Study an interdisciplinary course that is at the interface of information technology and business
* Learn in a friendly environment with state of the art facilities
* Gain valuable experience through our Academic into Business Computing (ABC) centre
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 19, 2018