The rapid growth of available data is transforming the way managers, accountants, investors or marketers are working. The data integrated into their analyses, business plans and decisions is a must for firms to maintain their competitive advantage.
The MSc Business Analytics programme is a response to these changes in the economic and technological environment. It aims to transform business students into multi-talented professionals, standing in-between their core field of expertise, such as management, finance, and marketing, and information technologies.
The programme mixes advanced modules in finance, marketing or management to provide a deep understanding of the most up-to-date methods for data-processing (machine learning, big data analysis) and data management. Our teaching philosophy is practice-oriented. With this in mind, after an intensive 12-month period of study, you will complete your training with a six-month internship within a company.
You will benefit from the Big Data Analytics and Technology Centre that has been set up at XJTLU in collaboration with IBM and the Suzhou International Science-Park Data Centre. Business analytics training will be available, utilising IBM software, and you will have the opportunity to apply for internships or projects at SISDC.
Unique selling points
- Access the Big Data Analytics and Technology Centre.
- Benefit from a strong focus on practical data processing and analysis skills.
- Have opportunities to complete internships.
- Take advantage of industry links with local companies and cooperation with Xi'an Jiaotong University.
- Earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
- Introduction to business analytics
- Addressing privacy and ethical risks of data sharing
- Databases and data management
- Data mining and machine learning
- Social network analysis
- Big Data: applications in business
- Finance pathway: financial markets, portfolio management
- Marketing pathway: social media marketing, marketing management
- Management pathway: strategic business analysis, strategic operation management, modelling and simulation of operations
- Internship report/dissertation.
Additional learning activity modules
Business analytics skills are in high demand in every sector of the economy, particularly within the fast-growing service sectors (finance, retail, marketing, ITC). Typical positions our graduates' target include data or information analyst, technical consultant, IT-related project manager, and CRM analyst.
RMB 120,000 for the entire 18-month full-time programme.
University tuition fees cover the cost of your study with us.
An undergraduate degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent) in economics, management, finance, marketing, science or engineering. Prior knowledge of econometrics is desirable, but not essential. English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (minimum of 5.5 in all sections)
- TOEFL iBT: 90 (minimum of 21 in any skill)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 1, 2018