MSc Building Surveying
Building Surveying is a growing, international, professional discipline dealing with the inspection, maintenance and refurbishment of existing buildings.
This course covers the core technical disciplines of the Building Surveying specialism and their role within the wider context of Built Environment professional disciplines.
The course benefits from a range of contemporary, well-supported teaching and learning techniques, including practical project work to improve your career prospects in the public and commercial sectors throughout the UK and overseas.
Apply by 02 Feb 2015 to start 02 March 2015
Why study this course?
This is one of a suite of MSc conversion programmes designed to enable graduates from disciplines unrelated to Construction and Real Estate to obtain an RICS/CIOB accredited degree, giving access to professional membership.
- Gain expertise in the core technical knowledge and skills required for the Building Surveying profession
- Develop your true leadership potential
- Achieve your ambitions for a Master's Degree with a leading provider that allows you to work and study through a fully supported online programme of study
- After successfully completing your degree, you are able to proceed to RICS Assessment of Professional Competence to gain Chartered status.
Award: MSc Building Surveying
Duration: 2 years (standard route)
An accelerated route is available (18 months): please contact the Course Leader if you are interested in this.
Time commitment: 15-20 hours a week
Application and start dates: Apply by 02 Feb 2015 to start 02 March 2015
Fees: £950* per module x 8 modules = total course fee of £7,600
This programme is now registered with the Skills Funding Agency for Professional and Career Development Loans.
*The module fee is reviewed annually, but any increases are subject to CEM's price cap promise. See Fees and Supplements for further details.
The MSc Building Surveying will be awarded by the College of Estate Management.
Entrants to this programme are normally* required to have attained one of the following:
- A Bachelor's Degree with honours at lower second standard (2:2), or equivalent
- A Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent, plus three years' experience in a relevant discipline
- A Level 5 qualification as defined by the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications for England, Wales and Northern Ireland (FHEQ) plus five years' relevant experience in a senior position
- A professional qualification plus five years' relevant experience in a senior position.
Students may apply to enter the programme in either semester.
*Applicants who do not meet the requirements stated above, but who wish to be considered for this programme, should still apply. In these cases selection for an offer of a place may include consideration of the following information as part of the candidate's application:
- Personal statement
- Relevant work experience/employer support
- Performance at interview (either by telephone or Skype)
The course will be assessed by coursework and examinations.
This school offers programs in: